Floral Diamond Lattice Baby Quilt
As soon as you find out that a baby is going to be a little girl, get started on this Floral Diamond Lattice Baby Quilt. The ultra-feminine diamond flower garden quilt is quick and easy way to welcome a new baby. You could also make this as a pretty lap quilt!
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size37 inches wide x 38 inches long
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Fabric 1—2 yards
- Fabric 2—1-1/4 yards (includes binding)
- Backing—1-1⁄3 yards
- Batting—43" x 44"
- Accuquilt Go! fabric cutter
- Accuquilt Go! diamonds 4" x 4" (55040)
- Accuquilt Go! 6" x 12" mat (55112)
- Accuquilt Go! strip cutter 1-1/2" (55024)
- Accuquilt Go! strip cutter 2-1/2" (55017)
- Cut 94—diamonds
- Cut 4—2-1/2" strips across the width of fabric (WOF) for binding
- Cut 25—1-1/2" strips across WOF
- Sub cut 12—1-1/2" strips into 75, 1-1/2" x 6" rectangles
- Quilt is sewn in diagonal rows.
- Pin and sew one, 1-1/2" x 6" Fabric #2 rectangle to the side of one diamond.
- Press all seam allowances toward Fabric #2 strips throughout quilt.
- Trim strip even with edges of diamond as shown.
- Continue to add diamonds and strips to complete diagonal rows. Note: there are no strips on the end of the diagonal rows.
- Starting on the upper right corner of diagrams, make one diagonal row with one diamond. Then make one row each with 3, 5, 7, and 9 diamonds; four rows with 11 diamonds; one row each with 9, 7, 5, 3, and 1 diamonds.
- Layout pieced diamond rows.
- Pin and sew one, 1-1/2" Fabric #2 strip between rows, piecing strip where necessary.
- Continue to pin and sew rows and strips to complete quilt top.
QUILTING AND FINISHING:
- Layer batting between quilt top and backing.
- Pin or baste layers together.
- Machine quilt with an all-over design.
- With large ruler mark straight lines through centers of outermost diamonds as shown.
- Add binding, mitering corners.
- Trim excess edges of shapes.
Read NextQuick Triangles Baby Quilt