The Best Free Quilt Patterns for Christmas: 10 Quilt Blocks, Christmas Ornaments to Make, and More
15 Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns
Add a little something special to your mantle this holiday season with these DIY quilted stockings!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Hang your mantel with a row of homemade Christmas stockings with this collection of 15 Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns. Quilted Christmas stocking patterns make for sturdy stockings that won't bulge unattractively when you pile in the stocking stuffers. That means you can heap more goodies into these stockings for your loved ones!
Handmade Christmas stockings make great gifts for friends and family members. The creative Christmas stocking patterns in this collection will you allow you to customize each stocking you make to fit the recipient's personality.
DIY Christmas stockings also provide you with a chance to take refuge from the cold weather. Sewing a stocking is easy, and you'll love to sip a hot chocolate by the fire while you do your work. Play a little holiday music to get yourself in the holiday spirit, too!
Looking for more Christmas projects? Be sure to sign up for our free eNewsletter, Piecing It Together, for free quilt patterns delivered directly to your inbox!
Table of Contents
Looking for more holly jolly Christmas ideas? Check out our article, 'Tis the Season to Be Jolly: 11 Winter Quilt Patterns. 'Tis the Season to Be Jolly: 11 Snowflake Quilt Patterns
Christmas Stocking Patterns for the Whole Family
These stockings are simple and will never go out of style. These Christmas stocking quilt patterns are ideal options if you'd like to make matching stockings for the whole family.
- Swedish Dala Horse Applique StockingIf you love graphic Swedish design elements, you'll love these handmade Christmas stockings embellished with Dala horse appliques.
- Super Simple Christmas StockingThis is the easiest Christmas stocking quilting pattern you can find! The Super Simple Christmas Stocking is a great way to practice your quilting skills on a small project that comes together in just an evening.
- Christmas Stocking TutorialThese Christmas quilt decorations are easy to make. Since they only take a few hours to make, you can whip up a whole stack for your family in one evening and personalize them however you want.
- Scrappy Stocking OrnamentPiece a few like-colored scraps together to make this free quilted ornament pattern. With ribbon, yarn, and some leftover batting, you'll have this a whole bunch of these Scrappy Stocking Ornaments done in no time.
- His and Hers Scrappy Christmas Stocking Quilt PatternsOnce you see how easy it is to make these Christmas stocking patterns, you'll be stitching up stockings for the whole family. His and Hers Scrappy Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns are versatile projects that you can make with any holiday fabric scraps.
DIY Stocking Patterns for Kids
A handmade Christmas stocking is a wonderful gift to give a child. Imagine how happy your kids or grandkids will be to receive goodies every Christmas. These playful Christmas stocking patterns are geared more towards children, but some of them will carry your kids into adulthood too!
- Patchwork Baby Christmas StockingThis patchwork tutorial is a bit more advanced, but it is super fun, using squares of baby clothes to make the stocking. You can make this really cute Christmas stocking quilting pattern for your baby.
- Crazy Cuffed Christmas StockingThe Crazy Cuffed Christmas Stocking shows off crazy pieced Christmas quilt fabrics accented with gold thread for holiday sparkle. Embroider recipients' names onto the cuffs and hang these adorable handmade Christmas stockings on the mantle!
- Where The Wild Things Are Appliqued StockingWhether you make these handmade Christmas stockings for children who are enamored with Maurice Sendak's classic book or adults who fondly remember the story, the Where The Wild Things Are Appliqued Stockings is sure to please!
- Cute Christmas Snowman StockingMake this cute, fun and homemade Christmas stocking for your home with the applique technique. It will bring the Christmas spirit into your home with adorable snowmen and super cute Christmas trees!
- Scrappy Spiral Christmas StockingThis free quilted stocking pattern is absolutely unique. Unlike most simple, patchwork stocking patterns, this cutie has some serious movement and some serious style.
Quilted Christmas Stocking Patterns for Women
These Christmas stocking quilt patterns have a feminine flair that women and girls will love. Ruffles, bows, and other embellishments make these stockings extra girly.
- Upcycled T-Shirt StockingMake the cutest, most unique Christmas stockings this year for you and your family! You can use any old t-shirt, so make sure to use your creativity when picking a t-shirt.
- Crazy Quilt Christmas StockingsCrazy Quilt Christmas Stockings is not your ordinary Christmas stocking quilting pattern! The heeled boot shape gives these stockings a bit of sass, while the crazy quilt instructions make the patchwork completely unique.
- Polka Dot Elf StockingMake whimsical Polka Dot Elf Stockings with this quilted stockings pattern that looks just like an elf slipper! Bright appliqued polka dots, and embroidered name strip, and a leopard print ruffle embellish this fun Christmas stocking.
- Quilted Stripes Ruffle StockingsThe Quilted Stripes Ruffle Stockings allow you to showcase all of your Christmas quilting fabrics. Add a ruffle to the cuff for a feminine touch!
- Colors of the Rainbow Christmas StockingsWith these Christmas stockings, each family member can be a different color. Let the young kids choose which color they prefer, and then you can make the leftover colors for the older members of the family.
Searching for more Christmas quilt patterns? Download our free eBook, Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns. "Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns"
What's the weirdest thing you've ever found in a Christmas stocking? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
- Modern Christmas Stocking
- 15 Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns
- Cute Christmas Snowman Stocking
- Quilted Christmas Stocking Pattern
- Where The Wild Things Are Appliqued Stocking
- Patchwork Baby Christmas Stocking
- His and Hers Scrappy Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns
- Quilted Stripes Ruffle Stockings
- Scrappy Spiral Christmas Stocking
- Crazy Cuffed Christmas Stocking
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rosewood Manor
- Rosewood Manor Autumn Cross-Stitch Design
- Labyrinth Quilt Block Pattern
- How To Make Megic 8 Half Square Triangle Units
- Folded Star Potholder Tutorial
- Face Mask Pouch
- Vote Mini Quilt Pattern
- Short Stories Quilt Pattern
- Rows and Rows Quilt Pattern
- Melanie's Temperature Quilt Block Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns