15 Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns
Add a little something special to your mantle this holiday season with these DIY quilted stockings!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Hang your mantel with a row of homemade Christmas stockings with this collection of 15 Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns. Quilted Christmas stocking patterns make for sturdy stockings that won't bulge unattractively when you pile in the stocking stuffers. That means you can heap more goodies into these stockings for your loved ones!
Handmade Christmas stockings make great gifts for friends and family members. The creative Christmas stocking patterns in this collection will you allow you to customize each stocking you make to fit the recipient's personality.
DIY Christmas stockings also provide you with a chance to take refuge from the cold weather. Sewing a stocking is easy, and you'll love to sip a hot chocolate by the fire while you do your work. Play a little holiday music to get yourself in the holiday spirit, too!
Sign up for our free email newsletter for more projects!
Table of Contents
Christmas Stocking Patterns for the Whole Family
These stockings are simple and will never go out of style. These Christmas stocking quilt patterns are ideal options if you'd like to make matching stockings for the whole family.
If you love graphic Swedish design elements, you'll love these handmade Christmas stockings embellished with Dala horse appliques.
This is the easiest Christmas stocking quilting pattern you can find! The Super Simple Christmas Stocking is a great way to practice your quilting skills on a small project that comes together in just an evening.
These Christmas quilt decorations are easy to make. Since they only take a few hours to make, you can whip up a whole stack for your family in one evening and personalize them however you want.
These modern stocking will look great as a set on your mantel. Pick family favorites or coordinate them based on how they'll look together.
Searching for more Christmas quilt patterns? Download our free eBook, "Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns"
DIY Stocking Patterns for Kids
A handmade Christmas stocking is a wonderful gift to give a child. Imagine how happy your kids or grandkids will be to receive goodies every Christmas. These playful Christmas stocking patterns are geared more towards children, but some of them will carry your kids into adulthood too!
This patchwork tutorial is a bit more advanced, but it is super fun, using squares of baby clothes to make the stocking. You can make this really cute Christmas stocking quilting pattern for your baby.
The Crazy Cuffed Christmas Stocking shows off crazy pieced Christmas quilt fabrics accented with gold thread for holiday sparkle. Embroider recipients' names onto the cuffs and hang these adorable handmade Christmas stockings on the mantle!
Whether you make these handmade Christmas stockings for children who are enamored with Maurice Sendak's classic book or adults who fondly remember the story, the Where The Wild Things Are Appliqued Stockings is sure to please!
Make this cute, fun and homemade Christmas stocking for your home with the applique technique. It will bring the Christmas spirit into your home with adorable snowmen and super cute Christmas trees!
Looking for more holly jolly Christmas ideas? Check out our article
Quilted Christmas Stocking Patterns for Women
These Christmas stocking quilt patterns have a feminine flair that women and girls will love. Ruffles, bows, and other embellishments make these stockings extra girly.
Make the cutest, most unique Christmas stockings this year for you and your family! You can use any old t-shirt, so make sure to use your creativity when picking a t-shirt.
Crazy Quilt Christmas Stockings is not your ordinary Christmas stocking quilting pattern! The heeled boot shape gives these stockings a bit of sass, while the crazy quilt instructions make the patchwork completely unique.
Make whimsical Polka Dot Elf Stockings with this quilted stockings pattern that looks just like an elf slipper! Bright appliqued polka dots, and embroidered name strip, and a leopard print ruffle embellish this fun Christmas stocking.
The Quilted Stripes Ruffle Stockings allow you to showcase all of your Christmas quilting fabrics. Add a ruffle to the cuff for a feminine touch!
With these Christmas stockings, each family member can be a different color. Let the young kids choose which color they prefer, and then you can make the leftover colors for the older members of the family.
This truly quilt-like stocking can be made of your favorite bright, floral fabrics and still count as Christmasy. It's in the shape of a stocking, it counts!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
- Modern Christmas Stocking
- Easiest Ever Christmas Stocking
- Wool Felt Christmas Stockings
- Colors of the Rainbow Christmas Stockings
- Quilted Christmas Stocking Pattern
- 15 Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns
- Striped Christmas Stockings
- Scrappy Spiral Christmas Stocking
- His and Hers Scrappy Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns
- Christmas Stocking Tutorial
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Broken Dishes Baby Quilt Pattern
- 18+ Free Decorative Christmas Quilt Patterns
- Morning Frost Quilt Pattern
- Shiny + Bright Ornament #6
- Fun Christmas Tree Quilt Blocks For Your Crumbs & Scraps
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Christmas Ornament Mini Quilt Pattern
- 13+ Free Winter Quilt Patterns
- 14+ Free Christmas Quilt Block Patterns
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns