The Best Free Quilt Patterns for Christmas: 10 Quilt Blocks, Christmas Ornaments to Make, and More
15 Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns
By: Jessica Nichols, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Hang your mantel with a row of homemade Christmas stockings with this collection of 14 Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns. Quilted Christmas stocking patterns make for sturdy stockings that won't bulge unattractively when you pile in the stocking stuffers. That means you can heap more goodies into these stockings for your loved ones! Handmade Christmas stockings make great gifts for friends and family members. The creative Christmas stocking patterns in this collection will you allow you to customize each stocking you make to fit the recipient's personality.
DIY Christmas stockings also provide you with a chance to take refuge from the cold weather. Sewing a stocking is easy, and you'll love to sip a hot chocolate by the fire while you do your work. Play a little holiday music to get yourself in the holiday spirit, too!
15 Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns
Table of Contents
These stockings are simple and will never go out of style. These Christmas stocking quilt patterns are ideal options if you'd like to make matching stockings for the whole family.
- Super Simple Christmas Stocking - Stockings don't get any simpler than this whole cloth quilted stocking. Pick your favorite fabric!
- Swedish Dala Horse Applique Stocking - Make a traditional Scandinavian stocking that will remind you of Christmases past.
- Christmas Star Stocking Tutorial - Make a rainbow of traditional patchwork star stockings with this free tutorial.
- Scrappy Stocking Ornaments - Fill these tiny stockings with gift cards or candy for neighbors and friends.
- His and Hers Scrappy Stockings - Make wonky striped stockings with scrappy strips or a holiday jelly roll.
Looking for more holly jolly Christmas ideas? Check out our article, 'Tis the Season to Be Jolly: 11 Winter Quilt Patterns.
A handmade Christmas stocking is a wonderful gift to give a child. Imagine how happy your kids or grandkids will be to receive goodies every Christmas. These playful Christmas stocking patterns are geared more towards children, but some of them will carry your kids into adulthood too!
- Crazy Cuffed Christmas Stocking - This scrappy stocking has a cuff that displays the owner's name in bright embroidery.
- Where the Wild Things Are Stocking - Make this stocking for kids who are in love with Where the Wild Things Are.
- Cute Christmas Snowman Stocking - Applique a cheerful snowman onto the front of this festive felt stocking.
- Scrappy Spiral Christmas Stocking - Use scraps of children's fabrics or novelty fabrics for this chunky stocking
- Patchwork Baby Clothes Stocking - When baby gets old enough for a stocking, use old baby clothes to make a patchwork stocking.
These Christmas stocking quilt patterns have a feminine flair that women and girls will love. Ruffles, bows, and other embellishments make these stockings extra girly.
- Upcycled T-Shirt Stocking - Turn a well-loved t-shirt into a pretty quilted stocking with this tutorial.
- Crazy Quilt Christmas Stocking - Shape this fancy stocking like a heeled boot instead of a sock. Give it to your favorite fashionista as a Christmas gift.
- Polka Dot Elf Stockings - Velvet, polka dots, and animal-print ruffles make these stockings especially outrageous.
- Quilted Stripes Ruffle Stockings - A demure ruffle makes these sophisticated stockings subtly feminine.
- Colors of the Rainbow Christmas Stockings - Learn how to use one pattern to make DIY stockings in just about any color you'd like.
Searching for more Christmas quilt patterns? Download our free eBook, Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- His and Hers Scrappy Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns
- 15 Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns
- Embroidered Name Christmas Stocking
- Swedish Dala Horse Applique Stocking
- Scrappy Spiral Christmas Stocking
- Chunky Patchwork Stocking
- Super Simple Christmas Stocking
- Upcycled T-Shirt Stocking
- Crazy Quilt Christmas Stockings
- Crazy Cuffed Christmas Stocking
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Nordic Ribbons Baby Quilt Pattern
- Castles in the Air Block Tutorial
- Little Heartbeat Baby Quilt Pattern
- Dizzy Daisy Free Motion Tutorial
- How to Use Vintage Sheets for Quilting
- 38 Snuggly Free Rag Quilt Patterns
- 30+ Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns + Other Nine Patch Designs
- The Most Charming: 23 Charm Pack Quilt Patterns
- 32 Free Quilting Designs for Machine Quilting
- 35 Free Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas