This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How To Make A Rag Pillow
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"Pillows are a perfect for learning a new sewing skill. They’re small & quick to make. As a quilter, I love making pillows to try new quilt idea. This rag pillow project is all about the surface texture that seems to be so popular in interior design boutiques. You’ll love the super simple rag seam technique that makes finishing this pillow a breeze. This is a very simple pillow to make that you can finish in an afternoon. Simply sew narrow fabric strips onto your pillow to create the frayed design. Once you begin to sew, you’ll be surprised how quickly you’ll be finished!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size18 inches wide x 18 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- 2 fat quarters
- 1 yard fusible fleece
- Fabric scraps for strips
- 16" pillow form
- 14" Velcro 5/8" tape
Read NextHow to Make a Quilted Pillow Cover
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cute as a Button Quilt
- Shiny + Bright Quilt Pattern
- Starburst Christmas Ornament Quilt Block
- Christmas Star Ornament Block Pattern
- Broken Dishes Baby Quilt Pattern
- 18+ Free Decorative Christmas Quilt Patterns
- Morning Frost Quilt Pattern
- Cathedral Windows Christmas Ornament Quilt Block
- Fun Christmas Tree Quilt Blocks For Your Crumbs & Scraps
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns