8 Tutorials for Making Quilted Pillows and 4 Easy Pillow Patterns for the Holidays
With 8 Tutorials for Making Quilted Pillows, you can design all sorts of creative pillows to toss around your house. These pillows will go great in kid's rooms, and you can customize them to match perfectly with your family room furniture.These are also great projects for beginners. Making quilted pillows is easy when you're given in-depth tutorials. After you master pillow design take the next step to quilting! You'll have fun creating them, and lounging with them will be all the more gratifying knowing you crafted them!
8 Tutorials for Making Quilted Pillows
(and 4 Easy Pillow Patterns for the Holidays)
Table of Contents
Applique pillows are fast and easy. They allow you to make pillows that have fun shapes and lettering on them, which makes them great for kids. You can use more traditional methods like freezer paper applique or needleturn applique to make these pillows, or you can opt for speed and use fusible web to make quick appliques. Either way, these tutorials for making quilted pillows will be adorable!
- Sunny Side Up Applique Pillow - This pillow pattern gives you the opportunity to use up strips of some of your favorite material.
- Cross My Heart Appliqued Pillow - Whether it's Valentine's Day or you're just hoping to cheer up a room, embroidering some fun hearts and pom poms will do the trick.
- Zebra Applique Name Pillow - Your little girl will love this pillow. Use her favorite colors or switch up the pattern if she's not a fan of zebra.
- Nautical Applique Pillows - Tutorials for making quilted pillows will be fun for the whole family during the summer.
Practice new piecing patterns with these tutorials for making quilted pillows, or try out a new block design without making a full-size quilt. Patchwork pillows also make great scrapbusters; use leftover fabrics from a throw or bed quilt to make a matching pillow!
- Vintage Sheet Half Square Triangle Pillow - Scraps made with half square triangles can become elegant and intricate with this quilted pillow tutorial.
- Free-form Log Cabin Pillow - Log cabin quilt variations add a charming and homey touch to any room.
- Birdcage Pillow Pattern - This is one of our favorite free patchwork pillow patterns. It uses just a few curved fabric pieces, but otherwise the piecing is super simple. With this tutorial, you'll be making quilted pillows in no time!
- Layered Brick Pillow - This free patchwork pillow pattern is pieced together like a brick wall. The rectangular fabric pieces are pieced in a staggered format to create a geometric pattern. These throw pillows are great for showing off pretty fabrics!
Make a pillow to give your home a quick holiday dust-up! Whether you're going all out or just looking to inject a little holiday spirit into your home decor, one of these easy pillow patterns will be just the ticket. We love how unique each of these DIY pillows are, and how easy! These fast pillow sewing tutorials are perfect for the lazy decorator.
- Be My Valentine Pillow - This pillow uses little applique felt hearts, which look so crisp and clean. Make your applique hearts in any color that you like. We suggest red, white, or pink for a very Valentine's Day look!
- Freaky Frankenstein Pillow - Try out the Freaky Frankenstein Pillow for some spooktacular sewing fun. This Halloween craft project will definitely scare your socks off. This whimsical applique pattern is so easy and simple to cut out.
- Simple Shamrock Pillow - The St. Patrick's Day shamrock is the quintessential symbol of the holiday, so this DIY throw pillow will definitely demonstrate your spirit.
- Hip Christmas Throw Pillow - All you really need is heat transfer vinyl to adhere your favorite Christmas saying or design onto a bright and cheery pillow. A red Christmas pillow is so festive and fun that you might want to make a few for yourfriends and family!
Read NextSleep Quilted Pillow Pattern