- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
8 Tutorials for Making Quilted Pillows and 4 Easy Pillow Patterns for the Holidays
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
With 8 Tutorials for Making Quilted Pillows, you can design all sorts of creative pillows to toss around your house. These pillows will go great in kid's rooms, and you can customize them to match perfectly with your family room furniture.These are also great projects for beginners. Making quilted pillows is easy when you're given in-depth tutorials. After you master pillow design take the next step to quilting! You'll have fun creating them, and lounging with them will be all the more gratifying knowing you crafted them!
8 Tutorials for Making Quilted Pillows
(and 4 Easy Pillow Patterns for the Holidays)
Table of Contents
Holiday Pillow Patterns
Applique pillows are fast and easy. They allow you to make pillows that have fun shapes and lettering on them, which makes them great for kids. You can use more traditional methods like freezer paper applique or needleturn applique to make these pillows, or you can opt for speed and use fusible web to make quick appliques. Either way, these tutorials for making quilted pillows will be adorable!
- Sunny Side Up Applique Pillow - This pillow pattern gives you the opportunity to use up strips of some of your favorite material.
- Cross My Heart Appliqued Pillow - Whether it's Valentine's Day or you're just hoping to cheer up a room, embroidering some fun hearts and pom poms will do the trick.
- Zebra Applique Name Pillow - Your little girl will love this pillow. Use her favorite colors or switch up the pattern if she's not a fan of zebra.
- Nautical Applique Pillows - Tutorials for making quilted pillows will be fun for the whole family during the summer.
Practice new piecing patterns with these tutorials for making quilted pillows, or try out a new block design without making a full-size quilt. Patchwork pillows also make great scrapbusters; use leftover fabrics from a throw or bed quilt to make a matching pillow!
- Vintage Sheet Half Square Triangle Pillow - Scraps made with half square triangles can become elegant and intricate with this quilted pillow tutorial.
- Free-form Log Cabin Pillow - Log cabin quilt variations add a charming and homey touch to any room.
- Birdcage Pillow Pattern - This is one of our favorite free patchwork pillow patterns. It uses just a few curved fabric pieces, but otherwise the piecing is super simple. With this tutorial, you'll be making quilted pillows in no time!
- Layered Brick Pillow - This free patchwork pillow pattern is pieced together like a brick wall. The rectangular fabric pieces are pieced in a staggered format to create a geometric pattern. These throw pillows are great for showing off pretty fabrics!
Holiday Pillow Patterns
Make a pillow to give your home a quick holiday dust-up! Whether you're going all out or just looking to inject a little holiday spirit into your home decor, one of these easy pillow patterns will be just the ticket. We love how unique each of these DIY pillows are, and how easy! These fast pillow sewing tutorials are perfect for the lazy decorator.
- Be My Valentine Pillow - This pillow uses little applique felt hearts, which look so crisp and clean. Make your applique hearts in any color that you like. We suggest red, white, or pink for a very Valentine's Day look!
- Freaky Frankenstein Pillow - Try out the Freaky Frankenstein Pillow for some spooktacular sewing fun. This Halloween craft project will definitely scare your socks off. This whimsical applique pattern is so easy and simple to cut out.
- Simple Shamrock Pillow - The St. Patrick's Day shamrock is the quintessential symbol of the holiday, so this DIY throw pillow will definitely demonstrate your spirit.
- Hip Christmas Throw Pillow - All you really need is heat transfer vinyl to adhere your favorite Christmas saying or design onto a bright and cheery pillow. A red Christmas pillow is so festive and fun that you might want to make a few for yourfriends and family!
Read NextEnchanting Peacock Pillow
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Jan 21, 2013
Hi Quilters, Unfortunately, the Applique Owl Pillow pattern is no longer available and had to be removed from this collection. We apologize for any inconvenience. -- Editors of FaveQuilts
Jan 18, 2013
Yes, where are the instructions for the incredibly easy owl pillow?
Jan 18, 2013
Where is the owl pillow?
Jan 18, 2013
I wanted the tutorial on the adorable, incredibly easy owl pillow...
Jan 18, 2013
I would make the owl pillow, but it is not among the 8 tutorials.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Preppy Patchy Argyle Quilt
Are you looking for a quick and classy quilt pattern? Try sewing this Preppy Patchy Argyle Quilt that will look lovely in your home!… Continue reading: "Preppy Patchy Argyle Quilt"
- Enchanting Peacock Pillow
- Home State Pillow Tutorial
- Geometric Throw Pillow with Lapped Zip Back
- Secret Stitches Turquoise Pillow
- Sew Homemade Dresden Pillow Design
- Hello Spring Strippy Pillow Cover
- Easy Striped Euro Sham
- Beehive Quilted Pillow Pattern
- Denim Cathedral Window Pillow Part 1
- Quilted DIY Pillow
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Liberty Flowers Throw Quilt Pattern
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Log Cabin Echoes Bed Quilt Pattern
- Classic Blue Star Crossed Bed Quilt Pattern
- Jumbo Granny Squares Bed Quilt
- Charming Greens Bed Quilt Pattern
- Boho Chic Bed Quilt Pattern
- Happy Days Bed Quilt Pattern
- Fantasia Bed Quilt Pattern
- Mosaic Bed Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns