The Best Free Quilt Patterns for Christmas: 10 Quilt Blocks, Christmas Ornaments to Make, and More
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
20+ Quilted Christmas Ornaments (Free Patterns)
On the hunt for quilted Christmas tree ornaments to make? Don't miss this amazing collection!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
If you think you can't use your quilting skills to craft Christmas ornaments, think again. You can quilt Christmas ornaments for the perfect homemade tree!
This collection of 20+ Quilted Christmas Ornaments is full of free patterns. On this page, find easy ornament tutorials that combine applique, patchwork, and quilting. With these projects, make adorable fabric Christmas ornaments that you'll be proud to hang on your tree.
Quilted Christmas ornaments are a great way to use up holiday fabric scraps, and they make creative gifts for friends and neighbors, too.
The fact that these are all free patterns and tutorials makes it even better, don't you think? Plus, the DIY ornaments on this page include various designs and shapes.
Make mini stockings, wreaths, trees, hearts, stars, and more. You'll also be able to practice your quilting skills on a smaller scale by sewing up crazy quilt, patchwork, folded, traditional, and modern ornaments.
Sign Up For More Free Patterns
Table of Contents
Folded & Patchwork Christmas Ornaments
There's no better way to use up scraps of your favorite holiday fabrics than to make patchwork Christmas ornaments. Even the tiniest fabric scraps can find a place in one of these easy Christmas ornaments.
The best part about these fabric ornaments is that they show off your love of patchwork and quilting to anyone who admires your tree during the holiday season.
Quilt for the holiday season with our Christmas quilting eBook full of free Christmas quilt patterns: "Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns"
Quilted Christmas Ornaments to Make
Practice your quilting skills on these simple ornaments. Whether you'd like to try cross-hatched, straight line, or crazy quilting, these ornaments give you an opportunity to practice your technique.
Once you learn how to make handmade quilted Christmas ornaments, you may not want to stop. Once your tree is filled, make some for your friends and family. They'll love the future heirloom for their own Christmas tree.
Applique Christmas Ornaments
When it comes to Christmas applique designs, what's better than a beautiful ornament? Hone your applique skills with these adorable and spirited Christmas ornaments. Applique is easy and fun. For a seave, leave the raw edges exposed.
Christmas ornament applique techniques make designing and creating a quilted Christmas ornament a breeze, especially when someone has already designed it for you! Take a look and see what you love below.
If you are also looking for some stockings to quilt, then check out this collection: 15 Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns
Paper Pieced Christmas Ornaments
English paper piecing (and other paper piecing) is a fun technique for any quilter to try out. You'll love how delicate and festive these Christmas ornaments look on your tree.
The English paper piecing Christmas ornaments below are some of our favorites. Make hexagons and create the most unique designs or diamonds sewn together as stars. No matter what pieces you put together, you'll love the end result.
These Christmas quilt ideas are not to be missed. No matter what you're looking to quilt for your own Christmas home, to sell, or to give as gifts, you will find something wonderful here: 174+ Free Christmas Quilt Patterns and Projects
Read NextBitty Trees Quilted Ornaments
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Project of the Day
Half Square Triangle Quilt Block Patternvideocam
Ready for another fun and simple block quilt pattern? This Half Square Triangle Block Pattern is the next quilt block in the quilt… Continue reading: "Half Square Triangle Quilt Block Patternvideocam"
- Bitty Trees Quilted Ornaments
- Scrappy Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Stars Hollow Quilted Christmas Ornament Pattern
- Sweet Christmas Birdie Ornament
- Little Cottage Ornaments
- 20+ Quilted Christmas Ornaments
- 25 Patch Mini Christmas Ornament
- Scrappy Stocking Ornament
- Gingerbread Man Ornament Pattern
- Felt Applique Chickadee Ornament
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- Afternoon Tea Four Patch Table Runner
- Hexagon Log Cabin Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns