12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
I became interested in counted cross stitch in the mid 1970's while employed by Better Homes and Gardens, Craft Creations, in St. Louis, MO. This was a home party plan that sold and taught needlecrafts. Although I had always embroidered, I had never worked in counted cross-stitch. Once I learned how to cross-stitch I was hooked and soon began to design my own charts.
After BH&G I designed, stitched and sold finished cross-stitched pieces at local arts and craft fairs. Later, I opened a small shop with a partner in a renovated 100-year-old house.
In 1990, I answered an ad in the newspaper, asking for people to design sweatshirts for Cronar, Inc. I developed designs to their specifications for over seven years. This included the years while my husband, two daughters and myself were living in Ireland and England, because of my husband's job. We loved every minute of it and the experience gave me even more ideas for future designs!
Upon our return from overseas in 1995 we lived in Chicago, IL. I continued to produce designs for Cronar, but also contacted Janlynn, Corp. to inquire if they accepted freelance designs. The first design was accepted on my birthday! They now have accepted several of my creations to be sold as kits. They have been sold through The Stitchery catalog and retail outlets such as Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart, Michael's and JoAnn's Fabrics.
I formed my company ROSEWOOD MANOR in 1998 while we were living in Maryland and started publishing my own charts.
I am inspired by my surroundings, quilt blocks and Mother Nature when creating my designs. Whether I am designing or stitching, I create designs that I enjoy and hope, you, my customer will "ENJOY! and "BE CREATIVE!"
Read NextLoose Ends
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Hexagon Mini Quilt Pattern
A hexagons may seem like a complex shape compared to triangle quilt patterns, but this Hexagon Mini Quilt Pattern is gorgeous and… Continue reading: "Hexagon Mini Quilt Pattern"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- Afternoon Tea Four Patch Table Runner
- Hexagon Log Cabin Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns