26 Free Quilting Patterns for Children
If you're looking for some fun quilt patterns for kids, then you'll love these colorful DIY quilts!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Whether you're sewing gifts for kids in the family or your own little ones at home, quilting for kids is always a blast! These 26 Free Quilting Patterns for Children are full of cheerful prints, whimsical appliques, and lovable handcrafted soft toys!
We have put together a variety of free quilting patterns for children, including decorating ideas for kids' bedrooms, soft toy crafts, and cloth book patterns.
This collection of patterns will teach you how to sew for kids of any age, from toddlers to preteens.
You'll love all of the cool quilt patterns for both boys and girls. Let your kids or grandkids come with you to the fabric store to choose the perfect fabrics. They'll love to be involved in the sewing process!
Table of Contents
Need more ideas for boys' and girls' blankets? Take a look at our free eBook, 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
Travel-Friendly Quilt Patterns for Kids
Mom will love these free quilting patterns for children because they make traveling with kids stress free!
- Cutie Roads QuillowQuillows are all the rage now! You can turn your favorite pillow designs into cute little quilts that your little ones can take on the go.
- DIY Bed RollQuilt a DIY Bed Roll for your child to bring to school or daycare. This pattern for a nap mat is also great to make for traveling, sleepovers, and trips to visit relatives.
- Tic Tac Toe Play MatThe Tic Tac Toe Play Mat is a clever way to use chalkboard fabric in a kids' quilt pattern.
- Bandanna Picnic Quilt TutorialCreate a travel-friendly quilt that's perfect for the whole family with this easy quilting tutorial.
- Lego Storage Bag and PlaymatNot only does this pattern function as a sturdy quilted drawstring bag for small toys like legos, it also doubles as a colorful playmat for your child.
- Play Anywhere Toy Car CarrierFind a fun road-themed fabric line and excite your little ones with the opportunity to play with one of the most creative and helpful kid's quilt patterns out there.
Quilt Patterns for Boys
Here, we've provided a few adorable quilts for boys that will inspire you to start quilting for the little men in your family.
- Little Onesies Baby Quilt Tutorial A one-of-a-kind gift idea, this free baby quilt tutorial shows you how to piece together onesies to create a unique quilt that moms and grandmas everywhere will love.
- Bug Jar Quilt Part 1This bug jar quilt pattern is great for making summer quilts that will remind you of sunny days spent bug collecting in the backyard.
- Mini Transformers Frame QuiltThis mini quilt tutorial is a great kid's quilt pattern to use with novelty fabrics.
- Robot Love QuiltThis free kid's quilt pattern is especially fantastic to use for a toddler boy's bed spread.
- Route 66 QuiltCheck out this awesome Route 66 Quilt for an easy quilt design that is sure to delight your little NASCAR fan.
- I Spy Disappearing Nine PatchThe I Spy Disappearing Nine Patch is a great idea for kids quilt patterns because it serves as entertainment and style.
- Crayon Box QuiltThis crayon quilt pattern features blocks made of strips, squares, and bricks. Scrap quilt designs are great for reusing old fabrics and creating original quilts with eye-popping colors.
- Mr. Bones Skeleton Pirate QuiltThis unique quilt with a fusible applique skeleton pirate is the perfect accessory for a boy's bedroom.
- Sleeping on Squares Bed QuiltWhen it's time for your little one to move into a bigger bed, help them feel safe and secure by making them a Sleeping on Squares Bed Quilt.
Quilt Patterns for Girls
- Sugar Plum Quilt TutorialThis Sugar Plum Quilt Tutorial shows you how to piece together an easy quilt block to form a pretty in pink (and purple!) quilt that's perfect for your daughter or granddaughter.
- Twin Size Circle QuiltThis Twin Size Circle Quilt pattern uses an old CD to create an appliqued quilt that you can easily customize for different bedrooms.
- Verna's QuiltWith pieced snowball blocks and floral appliques, this queen size quilted bed cover shows off all your quilting skills, and adds a little delicacy and intricacy to any room.
- Eva Flower QuiltIf you've been searching for the perfect kid's quilt pattern for a little girl, the Eva Flower Quilt is exactly what you've been looking for.
- Princess Pea BlanketThis Princess Pea Blanket is the perfect piecework and applique quilt pattern to make for any little princess!
- Mae's Daisy Lap Quilt PatternWelcome spring with a beautiful lightweight lap quilt that's perfect for those chilly spring days with this free quilt pattern.
- In less than 10 steps, you can create this gorgeous kid's mini quilt pattern called the Scrappy Princess and the Pea Quilt.
DIY Quilted Toys
- Fabric Checkerboard DIY GameMake your own portable board game with this Fabric Checkerboard DIY Game.
- Piece a Patchwork Scottie DogUse your patchwork to create a soft and cuddly companion for children of many ages.
- Little Angel SoftieThe Little Angel Softie is a pattern for making beautiful handcrafted soft toys for your children or any loved little ones in your life.
- Quilted Doll Bassinet Part 1Quilted doll bassinets are awesome soft toys to sew for toddlers. A quilted doll bassinet makes a unique homemade Christmas gift for a child.
- Shapes Galore Tangram BookThe kids won't be able to get enough of geometry after they've spent time playing with the Shapes Galore Tangram Book.
- Bucket of Fish GameCreate some new family fun without breaking the bank with the Bucket of Fish Game.
- The Twister QuiltIt's the bed quilt pattern for a twin-sized bed, and the fun spotty design is one both boys and girls can enjoy.
Do you know someone with a birthday coming up? Make one of these awesome gifts from this free eBook, "Quilter's Gift Guide: 12 Quilt Patterns for Small Quilt Projects and Keepsake Quilting" eBook
What was your favorite quilt as a child?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Pillowy Puff Quilt Tutorial
- Wander Woods One Day Quilt
- Mixed Bag Jelly Roll Race Quilt
- Building Blocks Quilt Pattern
- Princess Kate Diamond Quilt Pattern
- 26 Free Quilting Patterns for Children
- Rainbow Cuddle Fabric Quilt
- 35" Hand Tied Snuggly Quilt Pattern
- Cheater Rag Quilt Tutorial
- Woodland Raccoon Quilt Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dragonskin Resize-It Templates
- 12 Inch Block Quilt Supplies
- A Visual Guide to Precuts
- What is a Quilting Bee?
- 18 Quilt Patterns for Christmas
- Layer Cake Disappearing 9-Patch Baby Quilt
- Sew Merry Table Topper Tutorial
- The Importance of Nesting Seams
- Ron Swanson Inspired Quilt Tutorial
- Chromatic Squares Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns