This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
North Wind Quilt Block
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"Learn how to sew a North Wind Quilt Block during week 5 of our Spring Block of the Week! I can’t believe we’re already on Week 5!!!The North Wind quilt block uses half square triangles and squares. Just like the other blocks in this series, this quilt block is a nine patch block. The finished block will measure 12 ½” x 12 ½” square. Sew using a ¼” seam allowance throughout. Cut one 4 ½” square of light-colored fabric and one 4 ½” square of dark-colored fabric. Also cut four 5 ¼” squares of the same light-colored fabric. Finally, cut another four 5 ¼” squares of dark-colored fabric. The 5 ¼” squares will be used to make the half square triangles!"
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size12 inches wide x 12 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Read NextZany Zebra Quilt Block Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cardinal Bird Quilt Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- Layers of a Quilt Beginner Guide
- Learn the Difference Between Fabric Scissors and Paper Scissors
- Sweet And Simple Squares Baby Quilt
- The Gemstone Quilt
- Loralie Designs
- W. Cushing & Co.
- Harvest Stars Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns