This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
Doubly Striped Half Square Triangle Block
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
Have some fun with color and shapes in your quilting with the Doubly Striped Half Square Triangle Block. Even though this quilt block may seem complicated at first glance, it's not difficult or time consuming to make. You'll need four strips of fabric the same size sewn together to make this half square triangle block. Using high contrasting colored fabrics like red and black or red and white will yield better results for this quilt pattern. You'll end up with a complex-looking quilt block, but it won't take you more than a weekend to make. It can be made into a scrappy quilt when you use fabric scraps or jelly rolls.
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size28 inches wide x 28 inches long
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- 4 strips of fabric 2 1/2 x 18 inches
Read NextArkansas Traveler Quilt Block
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 25, 2019
..but am going to share with my beginner sewing girlfriends! An amazing block! Thank you!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Half Square Triangle Quilt Block Patternvideocam
Ready for another fun and simple block quilt pattern? This Half Square Triangle Block Pattern is the next quilt block in the quilt… Continue reading: "Half Square Triangle Quilt Block Patternvideocam"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- Afternoon Tea Four Patch Table Runner
- Hexagon Log Cabin Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns