Quarter Cut Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"The Quarter Cut Quilt is a quick and easy stash buster quilt! Choose up to 7 quarter yard fabrics and up to 7 fat quarters, all with a unifying theme. Suggestions include florals, leaves, animals, sports, dots, homespuns, monochromatic, etc - whatever is in the stash that fits the theme. The addition of 2/3 yard of contrasting sashing creates this large lap size quilt. And with very little cutting and sewing, this quilt comes together quickly and easily for a fantastic stash busting quilt to give or to keep!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size62 inches wide x 75 inches long
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- 7 quarter yard cuts in a coordinated theme
- 7 fat quarters in a coordinated theme
- 2/3 yards contrasting sashing
- 2/3 yards fabric for binding
- 3 1/2 - 4 yards backing
1. Layout 7 quarter yard WOF cuts horizontally in a staggered arrangement, alternating the strip ends on each side of the quilt top.
2. If there are fabric repeats, place them apart, with 2 rows in between, in a staggered arrangement.
3. Cut the fat quarters in half for a 9" x 20" piece.
4. Lay the coordinated themed fat quarters in the open spaces of each staggered row, distributing prints evenly within the top.
5. When pleased with the quilt top arrangement, cut 2 1/2" sashing strips.
6. Stitch a 9" x 2 1/2" sashing strip in between the quarter yard WOF and fat quarter strip.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Southwest Salsa Quilt Pattern
- Sleeping on Squares Bed Quilt
- Simply Scrappy Quilt Pattern
- Chinese Windows Bed Quilt
- Dots and Dashes Quilt Pattern
- Pastel Rails Quilt Pattern
- Checkered Garden Quilt Tutorial
- Spring in Hanover Quilt Pattern
- Diagonal Strip Quilt Tutorial
- Disappearing 4-Patch Quilt with Layer Cakes
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Quilted Hot Pad
- Quilted Christmas Ornament
- Frank Edmonds
- Handmade With Love Printable Gift Tags
- Christmas Flamingo Quilt Pattern
- The Neighborhood Quilt Pattern
- Patchwork Quilt Christmas Stocking
- Quilted Christmas Stocking Sewing Pattern
- Rosewood Manor
- Rosewood Manor Autumn Cross-Stitch Design
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns