Quarter Cut Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"The Quarter Cut Quilt is a quick and easy stash buster quilt! Choose up to 7 quarter yard fabrics and up to 7 fat quarters, all with a unifying theme. Suggestions include florals, leaves, animals, sports, dots, homespuns, monochromatic, etc - whatever is in the stash that fits the theme. The addition of 2/3 yard of contrasting sashing creates this large lap size quilt. And with very little cutting and sewing, this quilt comes together quickly and easily for a fantastic stash busting quilt to give or to keep!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size62 inches wide x 75 inches long
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- 7 quarter yard cuts in a coordinated theme
- 7 fat quarters in a coordinated theme
- 2/3 yards contrasting sashing
- 2/3 yards fabric for binding
- 3 1/2 - 4 yards backing
1. Layout 7 quarter yard WOF cuts horizontally in a staggered arrangement, alternating the strip ends on each side of the quilt top.
2. If there are fabric repeats, place them apart, with 2 rows in between, in a staggered arrangement.
3. Cut the fat quarters in half for a 9" x 20" piece.
4. Lay the coordinated themed fat quarters in the open spaces of each staggered row, distributing prints evenly within the top.
5. When pleased with the quilt top arrangement, cut 2 1/2" sashing strips.
6. Stitch a 9" x 2 1/2" sashing strip in between the quarter yard WOF and fat quarter strip.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Fat Quarter Country Quilt
Ella's Dream Charm Pack Quilt Pattern
Chinese Windows Bed Quilt
Kissing Diamonds Quilt Tutorial
Controlled Chaos Free Quilt Pattern
Disappearing 4-Patch Quilt with Layer Cakes
Checkered Garden Quilt Tutorial
Fun With Bricks Scrap Quilt
A Farmhouse Inspired Neutral Quilt
Pastel Rails Quilt Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Reliable Corporation
- OVO 150GT Travel Iron & Garment Steamer
- Beautiful Butterfly Quilt Pattern
- Bohemian Sunrise Quilted Tapestry
- James and the Giant Peach Panel Quilt Pattern
- Gorgeous Gingham Baby Quilt Pattern
- Merry Go Round Quilted Potholder Pattern
- Sweet Gingham Star Block
- Nine Patch Bed Quilt Pattern
- Mini Barn Star Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns