This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
Huge Flying Geese with Layer Cakes Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
Create a masterpiece when you take on this Huge Flying Geese with Layer Cakes Quilt. You will use 10" precut squares or layer cakes and some yardage to assemble this bed-sized quilt. Believe it or not, this huge queen sized quilt can be made in just a weekend! This quilt pattern is quick to work up and easy to assemble. Use up your fabric stash for this quick pattern that will turn out to be these bed-sized dimensions: 54" x 54" and 72" x 90". You can start this weekend project as soon as Friday night comes along.
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size72 inches wide x 90 inches long
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- 3-1/3 yard geese fabric
- 40 layer cake (10" precut)squares
- rotary cutting supplies
Learn all about flying geese patterns and techniques with How to Make Flying Geese Blocks
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 09, 2017
I have always loved the flying geese pattern and this larger version is really awesome. It looks really nice with the colors this quilt is made with and it looks like it is one that would go together fairly quickly as well. I think this would make a great lap size quilt too, and one could coordinate the fabric used to make it match a room.
crosstitcherus 113 6881
Apr 10, 2016
awesome looking and looks fairly easy to make/
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks
It doesn't get much prettier or simpler than these Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks. Quilting doesn't always have to be… Continue reading: "Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns