Snow Friends Banner and Mantel Scarf
Guests will immediately feel happy and welcome in your home during winter if you have a Snow Friends Banner and Mantel Scarf in your front room. Use strip quilt piecing to surround the cute image of this panel quilt with festive fabric that will make this suitable as both a general winter design or a Christmas quilt pattern. The size makes this pattern versatile enough to be a cute little wallhanging or a sweet little Christmas mantel scarf to add the finishing touch to your holiday decorating.
Finished Size: 28" x 16"
WOF = Width of fabric.
Note: Use a 1/4" seam allowance throughout unless otherwise directed.
22734-RB Snow Friends panel
- Cut (1) 10 1/2" x 22 1/2" rectangle from the snowman vignette at the bottom fo the Snow Friends panel, centering the panel when cutting.
- Cut (2) 3 1/2" x WOF strips. Re-cut strips into (2) 3 1/2" x 10 1/2" end border strips and (2) 3 1/2" x 28 1/2" top and bottom border strips.
22725-F Green snowman print
- Cut (3) 2 1/4" x WOF binding strips.
- Cut (1) 36" x 18" backing rectangle.
Completing Banner or Mantel Scarf
Sew a 3 1/2" x 10 1/2" stripe strip to opposite short ends and the 3 1/2" x 38 1/2" strip strips to the top and bottom of the 10 1/2" x 22 1/2" center panel; press seams toward strips.
Join the 2 1/4"-wide strip bias binding strips to make a long strip. Fold and press the strip along length with wrong sides together to prepare the binding strip.
- Layer, quilt, and bind using your favorite methods and the stripe bias binding strip to complete the quilt.
Read NextSimple Christmas Fat Quarter Quilt