X Marks The Scrap Quilt Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"I designed this 'X Marks the Scrap' Quilt to allow me to use up all different sizes of scraps. The central 'Xs' are made from crumb sized scraps sewn onto adding machine tape (there is a tutorial for that on my blog if you don't know what I'm talking about!). The background and binding are made up of loads of different low-volume scraps. Perfect for using up fabric that was used for the backgrounds of other quilts that you have bits of leftover. The blocks are made using a simple beginner's foundation paper piecing pattern. If you prefer to piece without foundations templates are also provided. You can go totally scrappy with the x's or color coordinate your scraps ahead of time to make a color coordinated quilt!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size60 inches wide x 72 inches long
Time to CompleteA week or two
- Small coloured/patterned scraps for the X's
- Medium to large low volume scraps for the background
- Home printer and paper for FPP Pattern (optional).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you've been searching for the perfect quilting project for your new grandbaby, then look no further than this adorable and handy… Continue reading: "Tied with a Bow Car Seat Canopy"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Circuits Circus Quilt Pattern
- 3D Doors Quilt
- How To Make A Bias Binding
- Scrappy Stars
- Quilted Wall Hanging From Scraps
- Quilt As You Go Scrappy Coasters
- Evergreen Wreath Quilt
- Sulky of America
- Fat Quarter Organizer Bins
- Pumpkin Patch Easy Mini Quilt For Beginners
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns