This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
X Marks The Scrap Quilt Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
"I designed this 'X Marks the Scrap' Quilt to allow me to use up all different sizes of scraps. The central 'Xs' are made from crumb sized scraps sewn onto adding machine tape (there is a tutorial for that on my blog if you don't know what I'm talking about!). The background and binding are made up of loads of different low-volume scraps. Perfect for using up fabric that was used for the backgrounds of other quilts that you have bits of leftover. The blocks are made using a simple beginner's foundation paper piecing pattern. If you prefer to piece without foundations templates are also provided. You can go totally scrappy with the x's or color coordinate your scraps ahead of time to make a color coordinated quilt!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size60 inches wide x 72 inches long
Time to CompleteA week or two
- Small coloured/patterned scraps for the X's
- Medium to large low volume scraps for the background
- Home printer and paper for FPP Pattern (optional).
Read NextThe Man Quilt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Preppy Patchy Argyle Quilt
Are you looking for a quick and classy quilt pattern? Try sewing this Preppy Patchy Argyle Quilt that will look lovely in your home!… Continue reading: "Preppy Patchy Argyle Quilt"
- The Man Quilt
- Geological Lap Quilt Pattern
- Petal Pink Diagonal Stripe Quilt
- American Notebook Scrapbuster Strip Quilt
- Four Square Free Quilting Pattern
- The Poor Man Quilt
- Stack of Bricks Charm Pack Quilt
- Crossroads Lap Quilt Tutorial
- Blue Carolina Starburst Quilt Pattern
- Squirrelly Bargello Quilt Tutorial
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Liberty Flowers Throw Quilt Pattern
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Log Cabin Echoes Bed Quilt Pattern
- Classic Blue Star Crossed Bed Quilt Pattern
- Jumbo Granny Squares Bed Quilt
- Charming Greens Bed Quilt Pattern
- Boho Chic Bed Quilt Pattern
- Happy Days Bed Quilt Pattern
- Fantasia Bed Quilt Pattern
- Mosaic Bed Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns