This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
Prairie Points Table Runner
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
"This is a super quick project for a table runner that will allow you to test the waters doing a Prairie Point border on a project that is less intimidating than a full sized quilt! Bake the Rhubarb and Custard pie recipe included in the tutorial and delight your friends and family with a quick make in a day table runner, and a super scrumptious rhubarb custard pie to use all that bounty from your garden or your neighbors."
NotesDon't forget the pie!
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size17 inches wide x 46 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Four 2.5" red strips and three 2.5" white strips.
- Fourteen 5” dark blue squares and fourteen 5" light blue squares.
- Thin Batting
Read NextCozy Sewing Machine Cover
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 20, 2018
Something to push my limits. I've never done prairie points.
Aug 04, 2017
I love the country charm of this runner!
Aug 01, 2017
I love that this tutorial comes with a recipe! I've seen prairie points before but have never made them. Two great tutorials in one!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Lady's Delight Circle Mini Quilt
Make a sweet and ladylike mini quilt inspired by all things Southern and summery with this fun Lady's Delight Circle Mini Quilt.… Continue reading: "Lady's Delight Circle Mini Quilt"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Liberty Flowers Throw Quilt Pattern
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Log Cabin Echoes Bed Quilt Pattern
- Classic Blue Star Crossed Bed Quilt Pattern
- Jumbo Granny Squares Bed Quilt
- Charming Greens Bed Quilt Pattern
- Boho Chic Bed Quilt Pattern
- Happy Days Bed Quilt Pattern
- Fantasia Bed Quilt Pattern
- Mosaic Bed Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns