American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
Shoofly Quilt Block Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
It's not flies you'll be shooing away from this free quilting pattern, but jealous spectators! The Shoofly Quilt Block Tutorial is a cute and unique block, and once you have mastered it, you will want to make it over and over again. Use this free, easy, step-by-step tutorial to combine half square triangles and patchwork to make a fresh and lovely, yet traditional quilt block. Just like the quilts your grandmother used to make, this particular block evokes a sense of nostalgia and comfort that will envelope you every time you wrap up in the finished quilts you have made with this pattern.
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size12 inches wide x 12 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"I played around a lot with different designs that I wanted to use to really play up beautiful solids, but in the end, I just loved… Continue reading: "Four Square Free Quilting Patternvideocam"
- Bold and Beautiful Irish Chain Quilt Block
- Reverse Magic Nine Patch
- Anchorage Free Block Pattern
- Chevron Strip Tube Block
- Minnesota Nine Patch Block Tutorial
- Classic Ohio Star Quilt Block Pattern
- You Are Here Quilt Block
- Classic Nine Patch Block
- Nordic Heart Block Tutorial
- Scrappy Disappearing Nine Patch Block
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Kristen Hubert
- Thanks For The Click!
- Birch Gnomes Table Runner Quilt
- Modern Improv Scrap Quilt
- Balsam Gnomes Quilt
- Vintage Christmas Sweater Mug Rug Pattern
- Homes For The Holidays Mini Quilt
- Scrappy Christmas Tree Mini Quilt
- Quilted Journal Cover - Any Size!
- Wild Geese Table Runner
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns