Shoofly Quilt Block Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
It's not flies you'll be shooing away from this free quilting pattern, but jealous spectators! The Shoofly Quilt Block Tutorial is a cute and unique block, and once you have mastered it, you will want to make it over and over again. Use this free, easy, step-by-step tutorial to combine half square triangles and patchwork to make a fresh and lovely, yet traditional quilt block. Just like the quilts your grandmother used to make, this particular block evokes a sense of nostalgia and comfort that will envelope you every time you wrap up in the finished quilts you have made with this pattern.
Project Type: Make a Project
Quilt Size: 12 inches wide x 12 inches long
Time to complete: In an evening
Primary Technique: Pieced
Difficulty Level: Beginner
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Wandering Star Quilt Pattern
Northern Lights 12 Inch Block Pattern
Flowers and Butterflies Block
Summer Log Cabin Quilt Block Pattern
Bejeweled Star Block Tutorial
Easy Log Cabin Quilt Block
Sun and Surf Block Tutorial
Flying Nine Patch Block
Castles in the Air Block Tutorial
Wonky Quarter Log Cabin Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns