This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
Ohio Star Quilt Block
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
"Learn how to sew an Ohio Star Quilt Block during week 11 of our Spring Block of the Week! Only 2 more blocks after this one and our Spring Block of the Month series will be complete!! Then we’ll take all of the blocks from weeks 1-13 and make them into a quilt!!! The Ohio Star is one of my favorite quilt blocks! The history of this quilt block dates back to quilts created in the 1800’s. But because this block can use small scraps of fabrics, the Ohio Star Quilt Block gained popularity during the Depression era of the 1930’s. The Ohio Star quilt block appears in Depression era and post-Depression quilts. This quilt block was a popular pattern among Scottish and Irish immigrants in the Midwest and frequently used by Amish quilters. "
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size12 inches wide x 12 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Read NextFabric Origami Quilt Block
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Pleated Strips Beginner Quilt
If you're new to quilting and are looking for an easy pattern to start with, look no further than the Pleated Strips Beginner Quilt.… Continue reading: "Pleated Strips Beginner Quilt"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Liberty Flowers Throw Quilt Pattern
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Log Cabin Echoes Bed Quilt Pattern
- Classic Blue Star Crossed Bed Quilt Pattern
- Jumbo Granny Squares Bed Quilt
- Charming Greens Bed Quilt Pattern
- Boho Chic Bed Quilt Pattern
- Happy Days Bed Quilt Pattern
- Fantasia Bed Quilt Pattern
- Mosaic Bed Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns