This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
Friendship Star Quilt Block
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
"Learn how to sew a Friendship Star Quilt Block during week 6 of our Spring Block of the Week! This Friendship Star is one of many different star block patterns and the easiest! The history of the Friendship Star is so sweet!! In the days of the pioneers, Friendship Star quilts were made for women about to embark on their pioneer journey. Her friends would each sew these simple stars and embroider their name in the center of the star. The quilt would be presented to their friend to take along with her on the journey west. The women who received the Friendship Star quilts found comfort in not only the quilt itself but also in the memories of her friends who made it for her. These gifted quilts made the difficult journey of leaving friends and family behind a little more bearable. Talk about the power of a gifted quilt!!! "
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size12 inches wide x 12 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Golden Hunter's Star Quilt
Some star quilt patterns are more common than others if you want to try something totally different from the look of a lone star… Continue reading: "Golden Hunter's Star Quilt"
- Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks
- Easy Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Bear Paw Quilt Block
- Churn Dash Block
- Scrappy Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Simple Pinwheel Quilt Block
- Hexi Log Cabin Quilt Block Pattern
- Linking Blocks HST Block Patterns
- Bejeweled Star Block Tutorial
- California Poppy Quilt Block Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Liberty Flowers Throw Quilt Pattern
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Log Cabin Echoes Bed Quilt Pattern
- Classic Blue Star Crossed Bed Quilt Pattern
- Jumbo Granny Squares Bed Quilt
- Charming Greens Bed Quilt Pattern
- Boho Chic Bed Quilt Pattern
- Happy Days Bed Quilt Pattern
- Fantasia Bed Quilt Pattern
- Mosaic Bed Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns