15 Scandinavian Quilt Patterns
If you love the style of Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, and Swedish quilts, then you need to see these Nordic patterns!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Step into the cold European beauty that is Scandinavia with our 15 Scandinavian Quilt Patterns. Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish quilts are so gorgeous, each with their own style and grace.
From Dala horse applique to traditional colors of these countries, these inspired quilt patterns will transport you to the Nordic world of the north.
These quilts make perfect gifts for family and friends. These Scandinavian patterns will also look gorgeous in your home year-round, but particularly in the wintertime.
You don't have to get on an airplane and travel across seas to find authentic and inspiration for Nordic or Scandinavian quilts, just check out this collection!
Table of Contents
Scandinavian Quilt Block Patterns
The patterns in this section are blocks. Make a little love for Scandinavia with these inspired quilt blocks. Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, and Nordic themes, you will want to make a whole quilt inspired by the north with these block patterns.
The soft colors and sometimes sharp reds and the style of these will make you feel as though you're right there celebrating Nordic holidays with the locals.
The pattern shown here is the stunning Nordic Star Mini Block Tutorial. Find more beautiful blocks below.
Perfect for charm packs, this free quilting tutorial shows you how to design a traditional weathervane block using half square triangles.
This fun quilt block is a gorgeous combination of star and bear paw patterns and is a wonderful way to take traditional quilting to the next level.
Inspired by traditional Scandinavian patterns, this heart block tutorial comes with instructions for making mini or large quilt blocks, making it versatile for you.
This free quilting tutorial is a wonderful option for a lovely spring quilt and brings to mind images old Europe. This quilt block also uses a combination of flying geese and half square triangles, too.
If you like these quilts, then you are going to love our collection of old-fashioned patterns: 15 Antique Quilt Patterns Darling Enough for Downton
Scandinavian Quilt Patterns
Step out of the chilly world outside and warm up inside with your new Scandinavian quilt. This list includes styles inspired by all of Scandinavia but that's not all.
We also feature Swedish quilt patterns, Danish and Norwegian quilt patterns, as well as Nordic quilt patterns. We even have some inspired by Finland and few more general European patterns that will still remind you of these places.
The pattern shown here is the charming Nordic Ribbons Baby Quilt Pattern. Find more quilt ideas like this right below.
Made using half square triangles, this free quilt pattern is fat quarter friendly, and its bright colors and sharp geometric design make it completely on trend for this year.
Made in spring green, petal pink, and cerulean blue, this butterfly quilt pattern is the perfect complement to sunny spring weather. Travel to the spring meadows of Sweden with this adorable, sweet quilt pattern.
There is something so fun about playing with HST's and different techniques in one quilt. This one has that European country charm.
Give your next quilt some old world charm and save some money on your fabric budget with this sweet and simple quilt inspiration made from vintage sheets.
This step-by-step quilting tutorial is easy to follow and includes diagrams that will help you construct your own version of this free quilt pattern. How perfect will this look draped over your couch during the holidays?
Unique Scandinavian Patterns
If you are not looking for quilts or quilt blocks, how about a few different ideas? Scandinavia is also known for its simplicity for holidays.
There's a beautiful Scandinavian-inspired quilt stocking (though you can use the applique for your quilts, too!), pillows and shams, as well. Your house will be decorated so beautifully with these ideas.
The pattern shown here is the sweet Swedish Dala Horse Applique Stocking. Find unique quilting projects like this right below.
This simple piecework pattern will teach you how to sew pillow shams using Accuquilt die cuts. This sham makes a square pillowcase with sunny diagonal stripes and a plain center square that's perfect for appliques or embroidery.
Looking for more? Download your copy of our free eBook that any quilter can use in preparation for the holidays. Get it here: "Quilter's Gift Guide: 12 Quilt Patterns for Small Quilt Projects and Keepsake Quilting" eBook
Read NextVictorian Peacock Crazy Quilt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Project of the Day
"Do you love modern and minimalist quilts? Or better yet, do you love easy quilts that sew up quickly? Then the Free Swiss Cross Quilt… Continue reading: "Modern Swiss Cross Quilt Pattern"
- Victorian Peacock Crazy Quilt
- Full Moon Quilt Pattern
- 16 Art Quilt Patterns
- 15 Scandinavian Quilts
- Wild Woods Panel Quilt
- 10 Delightful Dutch Quilt Patterns
- Saddle Up! 10+ Horse Quilt Patterns
- 23 House Quilt Patterns You'll Love
- Aprons on the Clothesline Wall Hanging Pattern
- Photo to Fabric Transfer Tutorial
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilt-as-you-go Denim Throw Quilt
- Qayg Denim Quilt Blocks (use Up Your Quilt Binding Scraps Too!)
- Americana Star Placemat Quilt Pattern
- Americana Star Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- Charming Quilted Square Tablecloth Pattern
- American Flag Quilt Block Pattern
- Charming Scrappy Pinwheel Pattern
- Diy Finger Thumb Mitts
- Granny Love Quilt Pattern
- Charming Framed Pinwheel Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns