DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
15 DIY Placemats: Dress Up Your Dinner Table
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
15 DIY Placemats: Dress Up Your Dinner Table
There is no faster, easier way to spruce up a meal than to add some DIY placements to your table settings. Placemats are a great way to set the tone for any meal. Are you:
- Throwing your kid a birthday party? Learn how to make easy placemats that are perfect for kids to play with and spill all over (and even more perfect for keeping clean-up quick).
- Hosting a holiday dinner with the whole family? We have the perfect placemat patterns for holiday decorating year-round.
- Just looking for something to protect your table from spills and stains? We can teach you how to sew a placemat in under half an hour. Done and done!
DIY placemats are among the most fun sewing projects you can make, in part because they're so easily adaptable and varied. A clever quilter can turn sewing placemats into an art, making dozens of new and different projects from the same base design. Use these placemat patterns as inspiration, or follow them to the letter; whichever you choose, your table will thank you!
Table of Contents
Hands down, these are the absolute best DIY placemat patterns you'll find. Quick, easy, and beautiful, placemats like these belong in just about any dining room.
- Delightful Dresden Flower Placemats - Simply use layer cake leftovers and Dresden plate pattern to paper piece a series of dainty flower quilt patterns to match your table topper or table runner pattern.
- Retro Rows Placemats - Simply cut your fat quarter quilt patterns into rows and use this tutorial featuring strip quilt piecing to fit everything together!
- Pretty Piecey Placemats - This simple quilt project is simply stunning in the way it allows all levels of quilters to create a lovely, but sturdy piecework quilt design.
- Style with Chevrons Placemat - Add just the right amount of detail to your table decor with scraps of fabric that you'll simply cut into half square triangle quilt patterns.
- Pretty Placemat Tutorial - These placemat instructions show you how to make a beginner-friendly quilt block to liven up a plain-looking placemat that is in need of some beauty.
- Simple and Quick Handy Placemats - Skip a trip to the store by making your own tableware with this tutorial. Use strip quilt piecing to speed up the process and ensures that you'll be done in time for dinner.
Make these adorable personalized placemats for kids! These fun, bright, and easy-to-make table settings are perfect for families with little ones running around. They'll make cleaning up a breeze and keep dinnertime fun (even when it's time to eat the vegetables).
- DIY Chalkboard Placemat - All you need for this project is a little bit of fabric and chalkboard paint. Use funky and colorful fabric so that the kids will be excited to engage with these awesome do-it-yourself placemats!
- Eggciting Table Topper - Mug rug patterns this clever are truly rare. You can make a whole set for your dining room; no one will forget to keep their place clean with such noticeable mug rug patterns on the table.
- Perfect Patchwork Placemats - Why not give your home a little bit more color? Create an eye-catching pattern easily with this free patchwork quilt pattern that works especially well with contrasting fabrics.
- Hugs Placemat - The heart, polka dots, and "hugs" appliques in this quilted placemat pattern will let your friends and family know you love them!
Keep the holidays stress-free with these breezy placemat patterns. From Thanksgiving placemats for kids to quick and easy Christmas home decor, you'll wonder why you ever stressed about table toppers.
- Turkey Tom Placemat - This turkey quilt pattern is the perfect size for a table setting, and the built-in pockets provide convenient places to tuck utensils or napkins.
- Happy Pumpkin Placemat - Whether it's used as a Halloween quilt pattern for a special party or just as a party of your fall decor, the energy this placemat brings will brighten up your entire space.
- Holly Jolly Quilted Placemat - The Holly Jolly Quilted Placemat is a super simple striped Christmas placemat pattern that comes together in minutes!
- Deck the Halls Placemat - Choose from a series of a sweet embroidered quilt pattern designs depicting your favorite holiday characters and decorate a basic quilted placemat.
- Decorative Patriotic Placemat - With inexpensive supplies, simple yet creative designs and patriotic colors, you are bound to impress every guest at your Fourth of July barbeque!
Made one of these? Upload a picture to our Image Uploader and tell us what you thought!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
- Four Square Fabric Coaster
- Lovely Cross Table Topper Pattern
- Modern Dresden Quilt Table Runner
- Kentucky Derby Table Topper Pattern
- Retro Patchwork Table Topper Pattern
- Ladies Who Lunch Placemat Pattern
- Style with Chevrons Placemat
- Winter Seeds Table Topper
- Jewel Table Runner Tutorial
- Charming Cottage DIY Table Runner
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Spool Sawtooth Star Block For Beginners
- Crumb Quilt Block
- Berry Patch Quilt
- Easy Sailboat Quilt
- X Marks The Scrap Quilt Pattern
- Easy Cross Sawtooth Star Block
- Quick Denim Quilt (improv Quilt With Instructions)
- Easy Pinwheel Sawtooth Star
- Make A Cushion Cover From An Orphan Block (with Lazy Zipper Hacks)
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns