Teddy Bear Appliqued Onesie
Learn how to applique fun shapes and pictures onto onesies to customize your baby's wardrobe! This simple tutorial for a Teddy Bear Appliqued Onesie will teach you to make custom applique shirts and onesies for your baby.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Purchased onesie or t-shirt
- Brown fabric—5" charm square or scrap
- Light pink fabric—scraps
- Pink fabric—scrap
- Fusible web—¼ yard
- Optional—tear-away appliqué stabilizer–6" square
- Accuquilt die cutting machine
- Accuquilt Baby, Baby die (#55037)
- Accuquilt 5" x 10" mat (#55110)
- Coordinating thread
- Cut 1—bear shape
Light Pink Fabric:
- Cut one set of ear, paw and feet accent shape
- Cut 1—bowtie shape
- Remove paper backings from appliqué shapes.
- Position bear on onesie. Fuse according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add ear, paw, foot and bowtie accent shapes. Fuse in place. Tip: Use the point of a pin to move tiny shapes.
- Machine appliqué edges of shapes with matching thread and a very narrow satin stitch. Optional: Place a square of tear-away appliqué stabilizer on the inside of onesie to improve the appearance of machine appliqué stitching.
- Add face detail by hand or machine as desired. Tip: Do NOT use buttons or embellishments if garment will be worn or used by infants or toddlers.
- Tear away excess stabilizer after stitching is complete.
Read NextCharming Lucy Quilt Pattern