- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
14+ Free Christmas Quilt Block Patterns
Christmas quilt blocks allow you to mix and match and design a larger festive quilt design you'll want to keep up even after the holidays have ended.
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
Have you started quilting for Christmas yet? If not, it's not too late to catch up. Take a look at some of the season's best quilt blocks: 14+ Free Christmas Quilt Block Patterns!
In this collection, find lots of festive inspiration and projects you can start right now. Learn how to make creative variations of traditional quilt blocks. This is also a great opportunity to use up fabric scraps from previous Christmases.
Or, if you don't want to splurge for Christmas-themed fabrics, you can just use red, green, and white fabric. There are no rules when it comes to creativity and using up your stash.
These Christmas quilt blocks can make fun little additions to a bigger quilt pattern, or you can use them as part of another decoration.
Sign Up For More Free Quilt Patterns
Table of Contents
Classic Christmas Quilt Pattern Blocks
Use your favorite traditional quilting pattern to make a beautiful new Christmas quilt block.
Christmas Log Cabin Quilt Block
Learn how to change up the color scheme to give this basic log cabin quilt block a Christmas vibe.
Flying geese will make an eye-catching detail when implemented with holiday colors.
The traditional bear paw pattern combines with European elegance to make this easy and festive design.
Santa's Belt Quilt Block Pattern
This adorable Christmas quilt block pattern will show you how to make a block that looks exactly like Santa's famous belt.
At a loss for what to make next? Take The Christmas Quiz to discover more free quilt ideas for the holidays: The Christmas Quiz
Christmas Tree Quilt Blocks
One of the most iconic parts of the Christmas season is also a really popular quilt block pattern!
Paper Pieced Improv Tree Block
Those who like paper piecing can use this creative improvisational tutorial.
Use different holiday fabrics to make a simple but special Christmas tree block.
Sweet Sunbonnet Sue Tops the Tree Block
Celebrate the simple pleasures! We love this pattern because it challenges you to make both a cute Sunbonnet Sue as well as a wobbly little tree.
Christmas Tree Mug Quilt Block Pattern
This pattern depicts a traditional Christmas tree on a coffee mug. It's such a fun and festive pattern thanks to its unique spin on the holidays.
Scrap Christmas Quilt Block Patterns
'Tis the season for saving with these scrappy quilt block ideas.
Scrappy Sweetie Stockings Block
What a scrapbuster! Design unique and colorful stockings from different fabric collections.
The best part of making this block is using a time and fabric-saving technique to make the points of the star.
Here's an impressive way to transform your scraps of fabric into something new.
Your Christmas quilt is sure to shine with a scrappy star quilt block within it.
Quilting fabric is one of the biggest expenses involved in the craft. That's why we've put together a list. Check it out here: 20 Scrap Quilt Patterns: Ways to Make a Scrappy Quilt
Christmas Paper Piecing Block Patterns
Use one of these paper piecing templates to create a Christmas quilt masterpiece.
Christmas Star Quilt Block Pattern
Complete with a printable pattern, this paper piecing tutorial shows you how to create a classic star block using a two-tone design.
Celebrate a timeless and adorable holiday classic by making a paper-pieced quilting block that features your yuletide best friend.
This versatile paper-pieced block will make a great pattern for a festive full-sized quilt.
This block has an adorable design that looks like it came straight out of a holiday storybook.
PLUS! More Easy Christmas Quilt Block Patterns
Here are more Christmas quilt blocks that we think you'll love.
Top off this already gorgeous block with elegant embroidery details.
Design any kind of Christmas ornaments you like with this easy applique quilt pattern.
Pinwheels will mesmerize you with this star pattern, which you can use for anything from a full pattern to a wall hanging.
With this easy quilt block tutorial, you can create a stunning star compass using unique quilting techniques in no time at all.
This collection is your ultimate guide to Christmas quilting. See for yourself: 174+ Free Christmas Quilt Patterns and Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Project of the Day
Golden Hunter's Star Quilt
Some star quilt patterns are more common than others if you want to try something totally different from the look of a lone star… Continue reading: "Golden Hunter's Star Quilt"
- Patchwork House Christmas Quilt Block
- Sweet Scandinavian Star Block
- Sew Merry Table Topper Tutorial
- Magical Mistletoe Christmas Table Topper
- Christmas Pot Holders
- Balsam Gnomes Table Runner Quilt
- Anne of Green Gables Inspired Christmas Quilt
- Christmas Collection Quilt Pattern
- "The Best Free Quilt Patterns for Christmas: 10 Quilt Blocks, Christmas Ornaments to Make, and More" eBook
- Candy Cane Table Topper
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Liberty Flowers Throw Quilt Pattern
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Log Cabin Echoes Bed Quilt Pattern
- Classic Blue Star Crossed Bed Quilt Pattern
- Jumbo Granny Squares Bed Quilt
- Charming Greens Bed Quilt Pattern
- Boho Chic Bed Quilt Pattern
- Happy Days Bed Quilt Pattern
- Fantasia Bed Quilt Pattern
- Mosaic Bed Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns