45 Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns + New Jelly Roll Quilts
By: Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
If you've ever succumbed to the temptation of a jelly roll (the fabric kind!), you're probably in need of some creative jelly roll quilt ideas to use up all those 2-1/2" strips! You'll find tons of projects you haven't thought of yet in this collection of 45+ Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns. Aside from the classic jelly roll quilts you're probably more familiar with, you'll find unusual patterns like a striped jumper, a unique basketweave throw, and more! We've also included plenty of jelly roll quilt patterns for Christmas, since we don't want those holiday jelly rolls to go to waste either! The best thing about the super fast jelly roll quilts in this collection is that you eliminate most of the time spent measuring and cutting for a regular quilt.
45+ Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
Table of Contents
This section has jelly roll quilt ideas to help you use up those scraps for small quilt projects.
- Big Sister Dolly Quilt - This simple patchwork project can be a good doll quilt or a feminine wall hanging.
- Jelly Roll Reversal Tote - Strip together a stylish new bag with your leftovers.
- Jelly Roll Gypsy Scarf - Jelly rolls can also make wonderful fashion accessories.
- Waffle Dish Cloths - Spice up your kitchen with waffle fabric and jelly rolls.
- Cherry Jelly Roll Placemat - If you're a beginner quilter and are looking for free quilted placemat patterns to brighten up your kitchen, you're sure to love this tutorial for making these lovely Cherry Jelly Roll Placemats.
- Chevron Strip Tube Block - The Chevron Strip Tube Block is an eye-catching chevron quilt pattern that will look beautiful no matter what you make with it.
- Neutral Quilt Block Pattern - Make a serene and calm quilt out of chilled out grey fabric using this jelly roll quilt block pattern.
- Hello Spring Strippy Pillow Cover - Learn how to make a pillow cover out of jelly roll quilts to add to your spring and summer decor.
- Umbrella Friendly Patio Table Topper - Make the perfect tablecloth and DIY table topper with this unexpected and extra smart quilted project.
- Jelly Roll iPad Sleeve - Protect your precious tablet or eReader with this free quilting pattern that is perfect for technology.
- Cozy Quilted Tablet Cover Pattern - Design a personlized quilted accessory you can take with you anywhere with this free quilt pattern.
If you love free jelly roll quilt patterns, then you'll defintely want to download our free eBook, How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns. Easy quilt tutorials with jelly rolls are so simple and fun to make. You'll want to make every single quilt in our fantastic book.
Get holiday-themed fabric and make one of these Christmas free jelly roll quilt patterns.
- Striped Prairie Point Christmas Tree Skirt - A simple striped tree skirt gets an upgrade with prairie point trim!
- Holly Jolly Mini Stockings - Make these tiny stockings as ornaments or gift card holders.
- Holly Jolly Placemat - Quick strip piecing makes these placemats fast and festive.
- Holly Jolly Star Table Runner - Take jelly roll strips beyond stripes with this creative patchwork pattern.
- His and Hers Scrappy Christmas Stocking Quilt Patterns - Use a set of jelly roll strips to make matching stockings for you and your spouse.
- Christmas Utensil Holders - This is a super fast table setting idea for Christmas.
- Christmas Drawstring Gift Bag - Use leftover jelly roll holiday strips to make cute gift bags.
- Christmas Clutch Purse - Perfect to carry around during the holiday season and even for gift-giving.
- Poinsettia Table Runner - A lovely and easy project that will make your table festive and bright at Christmas.
- Sweet Spring Table Runner - Usher in the warm weather using this free jelly roll quilt pattern to create a fun and breezy piece of quilted decor.
These free jelly roll quilt patterns are meant just for little ones.
- Magic Jelly Roll Quilt - This "magic" quilt plays with the same concept as a disappearing nine patch.
- Little Kid Knotty Jumper - Learn how to make a jelly roll quilt jumper for your little girl.
- Jungle Path Baby Quilt - Combine animal-inspired prints for a sensational baby quilt.
- Jammin Jelly Roll Quilt Floor Cushion - Your kids will absolutely love this comfy cushion.
- Sixteen Patch Baby Quilt - This baby quilt is eye-catching and adorable.
- Boxes of Color Baby Quilt - If you are a new quilter and want to try making your first quilted baby blanket, you'll love this pattern for the Boxes of Color Baby Quilt.
- Animal Pens Baby Quilt - Even leftover quilt scraps can be part of a brand new baby quilt pattern just take a look at the Animal Pens Baby Quilt.
- Arrows on the Go Quilt - One baby quilt pattern that's as fun to make as it is to see is the Arrows on the Go Quilt.
- Cowboy Up Bed Quilt - Fall asleep every night in a wild west scene when you make this awesome Cowboy Up Bed Quilt.
- Cozy Posy Triangle Quilt - Girls of all ages will adore the pleasant colors and mesmerizing design of this Cozy Posy Triangle Quilt.
- Stairway to Heaven Pastels Pattern - Make a gorgeous step quilt out of jelly rolls with this cute kids' quilt pattern.
- Wearable Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern - Make your graddaughter a stunning jacket out of colorful jelly rolls.
These jelly roll quilt patterns are going to look stunning in your home. Cuddle up under one of these lovely free quilting patterns.
These are just a few of the jelly roll quilt patterns that you can make for your home!
- Gobble Irish Chain Quilt - Use an earthy jelly roll for this autumn Irish chain quilt.
- Raggedy Basketweave Quilt - A unique piecing and quilting technique makes this rag quilt extra special!
- Jelly Roll Braid Quilt - Combine jelly roll strips in a simple repeating pattern that looks like a French braid.
- Boxing Day Jelly Roll Quilt - Make a masculine quilt with this jelly roll pattern.
- Ravishing Rail Picnic Quilt - Go ravishing with your jelly roll quilts when you make this gorgeous project.
- Flying Kimonos Quilt - Eastern-inspired quilt patterns are renowned for their blend of classic designs and intricate quilt block patterns. Make one with this Flying Kimonos Quilt.
- Sugar Almonds Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern - This eye-catching design places your jelly roll strips as the center of attention in our Sugar Almonds Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern.
- Race to the Finish Jelly Roll Quilt - Make a picnic blanket in preparation for spring or cuddle up to withstand the winter in this Race to the Finish Jelly Roll Quilt.
- Ah-mazing Improv Quilt - The daring and sleek look of the Ah-mazing Improv Quilt comes together through strip quilt piecing and your own bold design skills.
- In-n-Out Jelly Roll Quilt - This easy quilting pattern made out of colorful jelly roll pieces is going to be your next picnic quilt.
- Last Minute Jelly Roll Wedding Quilt - Make a lightning-fast wedding quilt that looks like a million bucks.
- Odd Block Strip Quilt - Make a colorful quilt out of jelly rolls with this unique and modern quilt pattern.
- Sudoku Quilt Tutorial - Learn how to make a jelly roll quilt that resembles one of your favorite number games with this idea.
- Full Moon Quilt Pattern - We promise you'll be over the moon for this beautiful free jelly roll quilt pattern.
- Easy Quilt as You Go Pattern - Use jelly rolls to create this easy, breezy quilt that's perfect for first-timers.
- Ariel's Wedding Quilt Pattern - Perfect as a gift or a piece for your own home, this jelly roll quilt pattern is a great project when you're looking to make a larger quilt.
- Stairway to Heaven Pastels Pattern - Light, airy, and absolutely beautiful, this free jelly roll quilt is a must-add to your quilting projects list.
- Cinched Jelly Roll Quilt - One of the best things about free jelly roll quilt patterns is the color and variety they can add to your home. And when it comes to boldness, this free quilt pattern definitely delivers!
Find more easy quilt patterns in this awesome article, 100 Free Quilt Patterns For Your Home: Nine Patch Patterns, Rag Quilt Patterns, Log Cabin Quilt Patterns, Quilt-As-You-Go Patterns, and More. You'll find the perfect quilt to make for any occassion. Plus, you'll save a ton of bucks with our free quilt patterns.
Which of these precuts do you prefer to quilt with:
Jelly Rolls, Charm Packs, Layer Cakes, or Fat Quarter Bundles?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- The Most Charming: 23 Charm Pack Quilt Patterns
- 45 Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns + New Jelly Roll Quilts
- 900+ Free Quilting Patterns
- Circle of Wedges Quilt
- 28 Modern Quilt Patterns and Modern Quilt Ideas
- 37 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
- Fat Quarter Flagged Quilt Pattern
- 35 Free Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas
- 38 Snuggly Free Rag Quilt Patterns
- 30+ Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns + Other Nine Patch Designs
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Haunted Halloween Table Topper Tutorial
- Sunshine Texas Star Block Pattern
- Heartbreaker Modern Quilt Tutorial
- Color a Quilt: A Coloring Book for Quilters Review
- Morning Splash Quilt Pattern
- 12 of Our Favorite Lattice Quilt Patterns
- Language of Flowers Block of the Month Quilt Pattern Review
- Grandma's Favorite Pinwheel Block
- Crayon Box Baby Quilt Tutorial
- Diamonds in the Rough Quilt Tutorial