27 Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns + Other Nine Patch Designs
By: Kathryn Wright, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
One of the most consistently eye-catching and all-around fun series of quilt patterns out there are nine patch quilt patterns. You'll see just how creative you can be with a simple design after looking through our list of 27 Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns! We're bringing you quilt block patterns, full quilt patterns, disappearing nine patch quilts, and, for a little creative stretch, some variations on the nine patch design that will bring your quilting to the next level.
Get your charm packs and fat quarters ready, and let's learn how to make a quilt!
27 Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns
Table of Contents
Nine Patch Quilt Block Patterns
Nine Patch Quilt Patterns
Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt Patterns
More Nine Patch Quilt Variations
Other Nine Patch Designs
Start off your nine patch quilt with one of these stand-out block patterns.
- Curved Nine Patch Quilt Block - Nine patches don't have to be square; see how you can give them a real twist.
- Black and White Hourglass Block - Make an impressive and classic hourglass block pattern in a new way.
- Crazy Nine Patch - Put your scrappy quilt pieces to good use.
The beautiful thing about these free nine patch quilt pattern is that none of them look the same at all.
- Comfort and Charm Irish Chain Quilt - Your nine patch quilt block patterns will help you make beautiful irish chains.
- Snowballs for Colleena Baby Quilt - Combine the nine patch with a snowball patch quilt to make the sweetest baby quilt pattern.
- Rail Fence Picnic Quilt - This colorful pattern will make summers much more relaxing.
- White Space Nine Patch Quilt - This nine patch quilt pattern is perfect for beginners.
- Groves of Gardens Nine Patch Quilt - Take inspiration from your spring garden.
Reuse your old fabric scraps and save money with the new Super String Quilts eBook from FaveQuilts.com. You’ll find patterns for blocks, table quilts, bed quilts, and more!
Many popular nine patch quilt pattern involve a "disappearing" variation.
- Disappearing 16 Patch Block - Be bold and unpredictable with your quilt blocks.
- Springtime Disappearing Nine Patch Baby Quilt - This baby quilt pattern comes together beautifully with the right pallette.
- Magician's Disappearing Nine Patch - You'll never get the same results twice if you use your quilt scraps!
- Magic Baby Birdie Quilt - Add that extra touch with some clean-looking sashing.
- I Spy Disappearing Nine Patch - Any child will cherish a nine patch quilt pattern as creative as this.
See some of the ways you can change up standard nine patch quilt patterns with these fun twists.
- 11 Patch Scrap Quilt - This is one pattern that knows how to grab attention.
- Peek a Boo Block - Play with the shapes you use within your quilt blocks.
- Sixteen Patch Baby Quilt - Brighten up a nursery using a unique baby quilt pattern.
- Reverse Magic Nine Patch - Swap your strips to make a new nine patch quilt block pattern.
Making something special! These non-standard nine patch designs are a guaranteed hits.
- Lovely Cross Table Topper Pattern - A complex-looking table topper like this couldn't be easier.
- Sunshine Paisley Embroidered Pillow - A nine patch pillow can be designed for any style of decor.
- Magic Nine Patch Quilted Tote - You can use your scraps to make a quirky quilted tote bag.
- Incredible Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt - This variation on a nine patch quilt pattern may look complicated, but this step-by-step tutorial breaks down each phase of the project so that even beginners can follow along.
- Magically Self Sashing Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt - What separates this from other nine patch quilts is the genius way the blocks are pieced together and cut.
- Cute Pumpkins Wall Quilt - Design a whole patch of pumpkins with all kinds of expressions, and build nine patch quilt block patterns that will create an eye-catching pattern that frames each of your little applique quilt pumpkins.
- Helen's Scalloped Baby Quilt - A majority of the cute baby quilt design is made up of nine patch quilt block patterns, but the real detail work comes in once you're ready to make your border.
- Road Fifteen Sixteen Patch Quilt - True to its name, this pattern is all about the placement of sixteen patch quilt block patterns in a simple, but interesting way that looks like mini roads.
- Mimi's Daisy Chains Quilt - Once you've built your flower blocks, you'll finish up the quilt with some very particular piecing which allows for not only your flowers to create eye-catching chains, but also to display a lattice-like design that accentuates the classic feel.
- Scrappy Summer Quilt - Lay out on this summer quilt pattern and be free of the scrappy quilt leftovers that were piling up in your home.
Celebrate the renaissance of springtime by creating stunning baby quilts with 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys & Girls, a new baby quilt eBook full of animal quilts, baby boy and baby girl quilt patterns, and applique baby quilts.
Nine Patch Quilt Showdown: Which do you prefer a traditional nine patch quilt or a dissappearing nine patch?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 29 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
- Triangular Log Cabin Pincushion
- 35 Snuggly Free Rag Quilt Patterns
- 40 Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns + 5 New Jelly Roll Quilts
- 20 Scrap Quilt Patterns: Ways to Make a Scrappy Quilt with Leftover Fabric
- Little Birdie Needle Case
- 27 Free Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas
- Charmed Fabric Bowl
- Scrappy Quilt Mini Cover
- Quilter's Best Friend Supplies Cube
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Refracted Light Quilted Pillow
- Pretty Pony Doll Quilt Pattern
- Peaks and Valleys Table Runner
- Fiskars RazorEdge Premium Fabric Shears
- T-Shirt Quilt Homemade Pillows
- Double-Sided T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Make an Easy Dresden Quilt Set
- Midnight Kaleidoscope Block
- Stadium T-Shirt Cushion
- Stripped Down Dresden