Snuggly Free Rag Quilt Patterns
By: Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Once you learn how to make rag quilts, you won't be able to stop! These frayed quilts are so easy to make, you'll get addicted to rag quilting. Check out our list of Snuggly Free Rag Quilt Patterns to get new rag quilt ideas.
Rag quilt patterns are different from regular quilt patterns in several aspects. First of all, they employ a quilt-as-you-go method, meaning that each piece of fabric is sandwiched with its batting and backing before being stitched to the surrounding pieces. The technique that makes rag quilting unique from other quilting methods is the purposeful fraying of exposed seams. This gives rag quilts their characteristic ruffled or "raggedy" appearance. Their snuggly seams and durability make them wonderful baby quilts, but rag quilting can also be used to create rustic accessories and decorations.
Snuggly Free Rag Quilt Patterns
Table of Contents
If you have no experience with rag quilting, start with one of these basic tutorials.
- Rag Quilting Video Tutorial - Learn the basics of making rag quilts in this video tutorial.
- Adaptable Rag Quilt - This tutorial provides materials, dimensions, and cutting requirements for any size rag quilt.
- Video Tutorial: Rag Quilting with AccuQuilt - See how an AccuQuilt fabric cutter can be used to make a rag quilt even faster.
- Ragged T-Shirt Quilt Instructions - Make a t-shirt quilt even easier by rag quilting your old t-shirts together.
- Ragged Squares Quilt - Those ready to start working with simple rag quilt patterns should start here, as the square in a square quilt pattern is easy to piece together and familiarizes you with piecing together quilt blocks.
- Nathaniel Rag Quilt - What makes this rag quilt stand out is the impressive way the design incorporates the square in a square quilt pattern within the basic framework.
- Fuss Free Rag Quilt - If you've never made a soft and cuddly rag quilt before, there's no better tutorial to guide you than this zero-aggravation tutorial!
Rag quilt pillows give your home a rustic, cozy feeling.
- Homespun Patchwork Rag Pillow - The simple square patchwork in this pillow makes it impossibly easy.
- Denim Cathedral Window Pillow - Frayed denim pairs perfectly with the red and white print in this raggedy pillow.
- Raggedy Country Nine Patch Pillow - Fun pillow designs like these can be made with some basic techniques to give your home a rustic vibe.
- Victorian Vintage Quilt Heart Pillow - Use fat quarters to sew the body of the pillow, and then add your own accents with buttons, lace, pearls, or any other odds and ends!
These rag quilt ideas for accessories have a shabby chic aesthetic that will perfectly complement your casual outfits.
- Homespun Rag Quilt Tote - Made with scraps of blue plaid, this tote looks great with jeans!
- Quilted Homespun Scarf - You can't get a cozier scarf than this scrappy autumn creation!
- Homespun Quilted Rag Belt - Pair this distressed belt with denim or white for a carefree, summery look.
- Raggedy Quilted Heart Coasters - This little scrapbusting project is an adorable way to use up scraps and protect your counter tops at the same time. Plus, these will look great in your kitchen year-round.
- Raggedy Autumn Harvest Coasters - These small coasters are easy and quick to make. You'll love the rustic look in your home.
If you love small quilts, then you'll definitely want to check out our free eBook, Quilter's Gift Guide: 12 Quilt Patterns for Small Quilt Projects and Keepsake Quilting. Get great ideas for small knickknacks!
Soft, ruffled rag quilts make the perfect comforting blankies.
- Magical Flannel Rag Baby Quilt Tutorial - Keep your baby warm and snuggly with this popular rag quilt.
- Borders Baby Rag Quilt - The layout of this quilt resembles that of a medallion quilt, with concentric borders.
- Sunny Baby Rag Quilt - Bring a ray of sunshine into your nursery with this cheery quilt!
- Apple of My Eye Raggedy Scallop Quilt - Look no further for one of the most gorgeously unique free rag quilt patterns for babies.
- Lovey Raggey Heart Stitched Baby Quilt - This simple baby quilt pattern combines features beautiful stitching to keep a resting baby comfortable and happy.
- Baby Rag Quilt - If you are not so much of a perfectionist but want to learn how to make a soft, comfortable baby quilt, this may be a great option for you.
- Beautiful Baby Rag Quilt - You can put together this soft quilt in just a few hours for an upcoming baby shower or for your own little munchkin.
Itching for new baby quilt tutorials? Get free quilt patterns in this article, 27 Free Baby Quilt Patterns. You'll love these baby-friendly blankets!
Small children and rag quilts were meant for each other; the soft, ruffled quilts make the perfect cover for night time.
- Raggedy Basketweave Quilt - This basketweave quilt uses an unusual rag quilting technique that you'll want to try out!
- Quick and Cuddly Rag Quilt - Simple rag quilt patterns really pop with your favorite colored fabric.
- Striped Homespun Rag Quilt - With this tutorial, you'll have a twin-sized rag quilt in less than a day.
- Easiest Thrifty Rag Quilt - Learn how to make rag quilts that look soft and cuddly. They're great for any occasion, whether you need a new throw for the front room or a new blanket for the kids.
- Floating Squares Rag Quilt - This quilt has the classic homemade look of other rag quilt patterns, but takes a slightly more modern approach when it comes to piecing.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 24 Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns + 12 New Jelly Roll Quilts
- The Take Along Quilt
- 25 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
- 20 Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns + Other Nine Patch Designs
- Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas
- Snuggly Free Rag Quilt Patterns
- Vintage Quilt Block Mason Jar Craft
- The Most Charming Charm Pack Quilt Patterns
- "Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs" eBook
- Circle of Wedges Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Quilter's Gift Guide: 12 Quilt Patterns for Small Quilt Projects and Keepsake Quilting
- The Best Free Quilt Patterns for Christmas: 10 Quilt Blocks, Christmas Ornaments to Make, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Thicketty Mountain Quilt
- Quilting Blogs to Get You Started
- Three Maple Leaves Table Runner
- Christmas Hexie Table Topper
- Imagine Quilts
- How to Make a T-Shirt Quilt
- A Subscription to Primitive Quilts and Projects
- Ice Cream Cone Quilt
- Robbing Peter To Pay Paul Quilt from Leisure Arts
- Christmas Row Houses Pattern