Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas
By: Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Star quilt patterns are the quintessential patchwork quilt designs. They are incredibly versatile and fairly easy to piece. Check out our list of Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas for all the star quilting tutorials you'll ever need! New quilters can get started with star quilt patterns for beginners, while more advanced quilters can try one of the more complex and creative star quilt block patterns that are sure to make any quilt shine.
Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas
Table of Contents
These simple star quilt patterns, free of any complicated piecing, are the basic building blocks of all star quilt patterns.
1. Arkansas Star Quilt - This simple four-pointed star looks great in just two colors.
2. Simple Eight-Pointed Star - Learn how to make the most basic eight-pointed star.
3. Wonky Star - Use improvisational piecing to make a funky star block.
4. Tiny Wonky Star - Miniaturize the wonky star for small projects.
Are you craving more simple quilt patterns? Download our free eBook, Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts Free eBook.
These star quilt blocks are some of our easiest quilt block patterns.
5. Star Flower Quilt Block - It's simple and perfect for spring quilts.
6. Aunt Eliza's Star - If you like Ohio star quilts, you'll love this understated, traditional star.
7. Scrappy Rainbow Star Quilt Block - Your star quilt block patterns will have never looked so unique.
Spice up your ho-hum star quilt patterns with some unusual star blocks.
8. Whirling Star Quilt Block - Use a paper piecing template to get perfect points in this unusual block.
9. Arkansas Traveler Quilt Block - Pieced diamonds make this colorful star block unique!
10. Bright Hopes Star Block - Make a traditional bright hope block, add some star points, and forget the tricky partial seams!
11. Smoky Mountain Stars Quilt - Stretched stars look difficult, but their clever construction is easier than you would expect!
12. Six-Pointed Star Wall Hanging - An AccuQuilt fabric cutter makes this free star quilt pattern super easy.
13. Bright Stretched Stars Throw - A rainbow of colors against stark white helps this quilt pop.
14. Adaptable Star Quilt - Make a basic star quilt of any size with these fabric requirements and dimensions.
15. Briar Rose Star Quilt - A few different star blocks mix with pinwheels and Irish chains in this pretty quilt.
16. Blazing Stars Quilt - A king-sized lone star quilt is just the thing for a rustic master bedroom.
17. Catch a Spinning Star Bed Quilt - Interesting sashing and tiny pinwheels give this star quilt pattern an unusual twist.
18. Daylily Fields Star Quilt - Each star block is unique in this gorgeous spring quilt.
19. Road to Brownwood Bed Quilt - Stars and log cabin blocks combine with clever color changes in this beautiful quilt.
20. Giant Vintage Starflower Quilt - Piecing is a cinch in this oversize star block quilt.
21. Ohio Stars and Rails Quilt - Alternate rail fence blocks and Ohio star blocks for a unique star quilt pattern.
22. Golden Hunter's Star Quilt - Free star quilt patterns like this are rare, and so gorgeous.
1. Starry Night Baby Quilt - Bring bliss into your baby's life with this starry quilt design.
2. Pin Up Star Table Runner - Spice up your dining room table with this DIY table runner.
3. Scrappy Postage Stamp Star Quilt Block - Experiment with color and texture with your next quilt block.
4. New England Cross Star Block - Unleash your inner New Englander with this cool New England Cross Star Block design.
5. Out of This World Star Quilt Block - Channel the universe with this astrologically inspired quilt block.
Want to try a new shape for your next quilt? Log cabins are the latest trend. Look at this article for 25 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 24 Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns + 12 New Jelly Roll Quilts
- 25 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
- Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas
- 20 Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns + Other Nine Patch Designs
- Snuggly Free Rag Quilt Patterns
- 25 Popular Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns, Fat Quarter Projects, Charm Pack Quilt Patterns, and Layer Cake Quilt Patterns
- The Most Charming Charm Pack Quilt Patterns
- Circle of Wedges Quilt
- 21 Simple Quilt Patterns: Quilting for Beginners
- How to Make a Dog Bed
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Quilter's Gift Guide: 12 Quilt Patterns for Small Quilt Projects and Keepsake Quilting
- The Best Free Quilt Patterns for Christmas: 10 Quilt Blocks, Christmas Ornaments to Make, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Thicketty Mountain Quilt
- Quilting Blogs to Get You Started
- Three Maple Leaves Table Runner
- Christmas Hexie Table Topper
- Imagine Quilts
- How to Make a T-Shirt Quilt
- A Subscription to Primitive Quilts and Projects
- Ice Cream Cone Quilt
- Robbing Peter To Pay Paul Quilt from Leisure Arts
- Christmas Row Houses Pattern