27 Free Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas
By: Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Star quilt patterns are the quintessential patchwork quilt designs. They are incredibly versatile and fairly easy to piece. Check out our list of 27 Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas for all the star quilting tutorials you'll ever need! New quilters can get started with star quilt patterns for beginners, while more advanced quilters can try one of the more complex and creative star quilt block patterns that are sure to make any quilt shine.
Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas
Table of Contents
These simple star quilt patterns, free of any complicated piecing, are the basic building blocks of all star quilt patterns.
- Arkansas Star Quilt - This simple four-pointed star looks great in just two colors.
- Simple Eight-Pointed Star - Learn how to make the most basic eight-pointed star.
- Wonky Star - Use improvisational piecing to make a funky star block.
- Tiny Wonky Star - Miniaturize the wonky star for small projects.
Are you craving more simple quilt patterns? Download our free eBook, Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts Free eBook.
These star quilt blocks are some of our easiest quilt block patterns.
- Star Flower Quilt Block - It's simple and perfect for spring quilts.
- Aunt Eliza's Star - If you like Ohio star quilts, you'll love this understated, traditional star.
- Scrappy Rainbow Star Quilt Block - Your star quilt block patterns will have never looked so unique.
Spice up your ho-hum star quilt patterns with some unusual star blocks.
- Whirling Star Quilt Block - Use a paper piecing template to get perfect points in this unusual block.
- Arkansas Traveler Quilt Block - Pieced diamonds make this colorful star block unique!
- Bright Hopes Star Block - Make a traditional bright hope block, add some star points, and forget the tricky partial seams!
- Smoky Mountain Stars Quilt - Stretched stars look difficult, but their clever construction is easier than you would expect!
- Six-Pointed Star Wall Hanging - An AccuQuilt fabric cutter makes this free star quilt pattern super easy.
- Bright Stretched Stars Throw - A rainbow of colors against stark white helps this quilt pop.
- Adaptable Star Quilt - Make a basic star quilt of any size with these fabric requirements and dimensions.
- Briar Rose Star Quilt - A few different star blocks mix with pinwheels and Irish chains in this pretty quilt.
- Blazing Stars Quilt - A king-sized lone star quilt is just the thing for a rustic master bedroom.
- Catch a Spinning Star Bed Quilt - Interesting sashing and tiny pinwheels give this star quilt pattern an unusual twist.
- Daylily Fields Star Quilt - Each star block is unique in this gorgeous spring quilt.
- Road to Brownwood Bed Quilt - Stars and log cabin blocks combine with clever color changes in this beautiful quilt.
- Giant Vintage Starflower Quilt - Piecing is a cinch in this oversize star block quilt.
- Ohio Stars and Rails Quilt - Alternate rail fence blocks and Ohio star blocks for a unique star quilt pattern.
- Golden Hunter's Star Quilt - Free star quilt patterns like this are rare, and so gorgeous.
- Starry Night Baby Quilt - Bring bliss into your baby's life with this starry quilt design.
- Pin Up Star Table Runner - Spice up your dining room table with this DIY table runner.
- Scrappy Postage Stamp Star Quilt Block - Experiment with color and texture with your next quilt block.
- New England Cross Star Block - Unleash your inner New Englander with this cool New England Cross Star Block design.
- Out of This World Star Quilt Block - Channel the universe with this astrologically inspired quilt block.
Want to try a new shape for your next quilt? Log cabins are the latest trend. Look at this article for 25 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 29 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
- Triangular Log Cabin Pincushion
- 35 Snuggly Free Rag Quilt Patterns
- 40 Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns + 5 New Jelly Roll Quilts
- Charmed Fabric Bowl
- Scrappy Quilt Mini Cover
- Quilter's Best Friend Supplies Cube
- 20 Scrap Quilt Patterns: Ways to Make a Scrappy Quilt with Leftover Fabric
- Little Birdie Needle Case
- 27 Free Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Refracted Light Quilted Pillow
- Pretty Pony Doll Quilt Pattern
- Peaks and Valleys Table Runner
- Fiskars RazorEdge Premium Fabric Shears
- T-Shirt Quilt Homemade Pillows
- Double-Sided T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Make an Easy Dresden Quilt Set
- Midnight Kaleidoscope Block
- Stadium T-Shirt Cushion
- Stripped Down Dresden