Top 20 Free Scrap Quilt Patterns
By: Jessica Nichols, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
It can be tempting to buy new yardage for every quilt project you start, but scrap quilts can be some of the most charming and attractive quilts. Just check out the Top 20 Free Scrap Quilt Patterns for proof! The well-loved free quilt patterns in this collection are designed to use up leftover fabric from other projects.
Scrap quilt patterns present an enjoyable challenge to quilters; they spark our creativity and encourage us to play with different combinations of colors and prints. There's a sense of satisfaction in bringing together a disparate handful of fabrics and making them into something beautiful and cohesive. Of course, scrap quilts are also rockstar money-savers! Stashbusting quilt patterns allow you to get the best value out of past fabric purchases and save you the cost of new fabric. Choose one of these free scrap quilt patterns and start stretching your dollar and your brain!
Top 20 Free Scrap Quilt Patterns
Table of Contents
Love scrap quilting? Then you need to download our free eBook, Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns. You'll love the patterns because they're super simple.
If you're stuck with extra scraps from your previous quilt projects, use them as the beginning of your newest scrap quilt.
- Scrappy Rainbow Star Quilt Block - Scrappy quilt blocks are a great way to make popular patterns stand out.
- Stacks & Stacks of Scraps Quilt Block - Stack up your small scraps from different fabric collections.
- Twinkle Twinkle Scrappy Star - Piece together friendship stars using your brightest fabric scraps.
These scrap quilt patterns will add color and character to your home.
- The Incredibly Scrappy Bargello - Simple scrap quilt pieces can transform into a complex bargello quilt pattern.
- Scrappy Ocean Waves - It's amazing the kind of detailed quilt patterns you can make with half square triangles.
- Film at Five Scrap Quilt Pattern - If you're ready for a challenge, try this big patchwork pattern.
- One Color Scrappy Baby Quilt - Scrap quilt patterns can become a heartfelt part of your little one's life as well.
There are plenty of ways to use up strips of fabric in these scrappy quilt patterns.
- Scrappy Christmas Tree Ornaments - Save some scraps to make little Christmas quilt patterns into ornaments.
- Scrappy Nine Patch Mini Quilt - Nine patch quilt patterns make for very quaint table decorations with a twist.
- Strappy Stripes Quilted Placemats - Add some scrappy style to your dining room table.
These extra patterns will knock your socks off. You'll be grateful for these scrapbusters.
- Staggered Strips Scrap Quilt Blocks - Combine complementary colors to make a unique pattern within your scrap quilts.
- Scrapbuster Rail Fence Quilt Block - Practice their piecing with this beginner scrap quilt pattern.
- Fun with Bricks Scrap Quilt - Bring out the best in your bedroom's decor with an unpredictable array of colors.
- Scraptastic Quilted Tote - A quilted tote bag like this will be useful in everyday life.
- Appliqued Scraps Quilted Floor Mat - Get artistic with applique quilt designs for a homemade floor design.
- Charlie the Elephant - Sew a fun, handcrafted child's toy that will last forever as a beautiful quilted keepsake.
- 11 Patch Scrap Quilt - Mix warm and cool colors to make a scrap quilt pattern that will be impossible to look away from.
- Barn Raised Log Cabin Quilt - Choose your most colorful fabrics and scrappy quilt pieces to ensure that this patchwork quilt pattern really draws the eyes in.
- Clever Bargello Block - Although the bargello pattern employs an intricate method of contrasting negative space with bright colors, this beautifully color-coordinated pattern is actually quite easy to learn.
- Bubbly Quilt - Make this bright and colorful for the kiddies, or choose solid prints for a mod feel that will look like a piece of art in any place.
Scrap quilting projects are always a great time. Why not make more? Check out our article, 20 Scrap Quilt Patterns: Ways to Make a Scrappy Quilt with Leftover Fabric.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 101 Best Quilt Patterns for Free: Quilt Block Patterns, Quilt Patterns for Baby, and More
- 20 Easy Chevron Quilt Patterns
- Top 20 Free Scrap Quilt Patterns
- The 100 Best Quilt Patterns of 2013: Baby Quilt Patterns, Quilted Handbags, Free Quilt Blocks and More
- 100 Free Quilt Patterns For Your Home: Nine Patch Patterns, Rag Quilt Patterns, Log Cabin Quilt Patterns, Quilt-As-You-Go Patterns, and More
- 12 Most Popular Free Quilt Patterns of April
- How to Quilt in Fall: 13 of September's Most Gorgeous Free Quilt Patterns
- 16 Small and Simple Quilt Patterns
- 11 Most Popular Free Quilt Patterns of January 2012
- The Top 15 Free Quilt Patterns from June
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- T-Shirt Quilt Homemade Pillows
- Double-Sided T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Make an Easy Dresden Quilt Set
- Midnight Kaleidoscope Block
- Stadium T-Shirt Cushion
- Stripped Down Dresden
- Kaleidoscope Quilt Block Pillow
- Spring Basket Quilt Block Pattern
- April Showers Free Applique Designs
- All About Strips