26 Free Quilting Patterns for Children
By: Jessica Nichols, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Whether you're sewing gifts for kids in the family or your own little ones at home, quilting for kids is always a blast! These 17 Free Quilting Patterns for Children are full of cheerful prints, whimsical appliques, and lovable handcrafted soft toys! We have put together a variety of free quilting patterns for children, including decorating ideas for kids' bedrooms, soft toy crafts, and cloth book patterns. This collection of patterns will teach you how to sew for kids of any age, from toddlers to preteens.
You'll love all of the cool quilt patterns for both boys and girls. Let your kids or grandkids come with you to the fabric store to choose the perfect fabrics. They'll love to be involved in the sewing process!
17 Free Quilting Patterns for Children
Table of Contents
Mom will love these free quilting patterns for children because they make traveling with kids stress free!
- Blanket to Backpack Tutorial - Combine comfort and the convenience in one quilt for kids.
- DIY Bed Roll - Your little one can be cozy no matter where they are.
- Tic Tac Toe Play Mat - Learn how to use chalk cloth for a really impressive nine patch quilt pattern.
- Cutie Roads Quillow - Quillows are a big trend; kids can rest on a pillow or unfold the quillow for a throw blanket.
Lego Storage Bag and Playmat - Make a playmat that makes organizing legos extra easy.
Play Anywhere Toy Car Carrier - Learn how to quilt a DIY toy organizer that will keep your kid's cars in one place on the road.
Here, we've provided a few adorable quilts for boys that will inspire you to start quilting for the little men in your family.
- Bug Jar Quilt - This kids quilt will be perfect for your summertime activities.
- Mini Transformers Frame Quilt - Free quilt patterns for kids are easy to personalize with their favorite characters and themes.
- Robot Love Quilt - Your little techy will love this robotic charm pack pattern.
- Route 66 Quilt - Race car fans will think this applique design is the coolest thing ever.
- I Spy Disappearing Nine Patch - Keep your little man's mind occupied with this snuggly and engaging idea.
- Crayon Box Quilt - Use every crayon in the box and every scrap in your basket to make this wonderful and colorful easy kid's quilt.
- Mr. Bones Skeleton Pirate Quilt - Make an insanely unique quilt pattern for boys with this spooky idea.
- Sleeping on Squares Bed Quilt - Make this traditional quilt pattern for your boy's bedroom in classic colors.
Floral appliques and pretty prints make these quilts perfect for girls.
- Twin Size Circle Quilt - For older kids who like retro looks, free bed quilt patterns using polka dots will are a fun choice.
- Verna's Quilt - Girls of all ages can enjoy the cute flower shapes here.
- Eva Flower Quilt - Make a simply beautiful kid's quilt pattern for a little girl's bed.
- Princess Pea Blanket - Any princess will love this pretty striped quilt, decorated with fantastic applique patterns.
- Blocky Munki Quilt - Make this fun and interactive free quilt pattern for you little lady and she'll love you forever.
- Scrappy Princess and the Pea Quilt - Your little girl will love this easy quilt pattern based on a fairy tale.
Need more ideas for boys' and girls' blankets? Take a look at our free eBook, 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls, for some inspiration.
Handcrafted soft toys make wonderful gifts that your children will cherish for years to come.
- Piece a Patchwork Scottie Dog - Use your patchwork to create a soft and cuddly companion for children of many ages.
- Little Angel Softie - Give your kiddo someone to snuggle with when you quilt this cuddly friend.
- Quilted Doll Bassinet - You won't have to worry about any dolls getting lost when you have an adorable bassinet to carry them in!
- Shapes Galore Tangram Book - This DIY book is easy to make, and they will definitely learn a lot from it.
- Bucket of Fish Game - Cute fat quarter fish are safe, easy to clean up, and perfect for so many fun games.
- The Twister Quilt - Skip the slippery plastic game and make an easy quilt pattern for kids that doubles as the much-loved game.
Do you know someone with a birthday coming up? Make one of these awesome gifts from this free eBook, Quilter's Gift Guide: 12 Quilt Patterns for Small Quilt Projects and Keepsake Quilting!
What was your favorite quilt as a child?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Spring in Sweden Butterfly Quilt
- Free Quilt Planner Printable
- E-Heart Quilt Pattern
- Sunshine on My Shoulders Quilt Tutorial
- Bejeweled Star Block Tutorial
- Nip Tuck Block Tutorial
- Winter Celebration Strip Quilt Pattern
- Happy Quilts! 10 Fun, Kid-Themed Quilts and Coordinating Soft Toys Book Review
- Nordic Ribbons Baby Quilt Pattern
- Castles in the Air Block Tutorial