22 Quilting Projects for Young Children
By: Jessica Nichols, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Summer vacation is coming up soon, and break is the time to teach your children the basics of quilting. Get them involved in your hobby with 22 Quilting Projects for Young Children. These beginning quilt patterns are just right for them. Plus - these adorable kids quilts will look absolutely fabulous in your home (and in their bedrooms!)
The quilting patterns for beginners in this collection are easy enough for novices and fun enough to keep your kids engaged. Through these projects, your children will learn the fundamentals of piecework and quilting. We think they'll enjoy the craft as much as you do!
22 Quilting Projects for Young Children
Table of Contents
Applique patterns are a wonderful way to teach children about quilting. The pictures on these quilting projects for young children are precious.
- Moon and Stars Hand Applique - This nightime quilt pattern is great for young kids.
- Fusible Applique for Kids - Fusible applique patterns are perfect for children. They can cut out the shapes, and you can do the ironing.
- LOVE Pillow - DIY throw pillows are a great way to constantly remind your young one of the one time that you quilted together.
- Just for Baby Monogrammed Quilt - Personalize a baby quilt for a baby on the way. Young kids will love to welcome their new sibling in this way.
- Ladybug, Butterfly, and Snail Applique - These nature-inspired appliques are wonderful for kids. Think of the movie, "A Bugs Life!"
Check out more easy and free quilt patterns with this free eBook, Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts.
Quilting projects for young children are even better when they're something they can use.
- Reversible Drawstring Patchwork Bag - This drawsing backpack is great for girls to take to school.
- Patchwork Pocket Personalized Book Bag - Any young kid will love to use this patchwork tote bag on the weekends.
- Quilted Headband - This simple headband is great for young girls. Let them pick out a fabric that they love.
- 30 Minute Patchwork Headband - You can make this headband in the blink of an eye, practically. Your youngsters will be able to stay focused throughout the project.
- Owlish Messenger Bag - Owls are really big this year. Your kids or grandkids will feel on trend at school.
- Zip Up Sunnies Case - Kids often damage their sunglasses. Now they can take care of their shades with this DIY sunnies case.
- Ruffled Ribbon Bracelet - A girl at any age needs a bracelet. She'll love wearing the bracelet she made with her favorite quilting expert.
Sewing blocks together is one of the simplest projects a child can do.
- Crayon Drawing Quilt Blocks - Let your youngsters draw all over this adorable quilt block.
- All-Star Charm Quilt - Sewing with squares is the ultimate way to teach a new quliter.
- Tying a Quilt with Square Knots - Tied quilts don't involve sewing. This project is perfect for kids you don't want near scissors.
- Ruffled Doll Quilt Pattern - Doll quilts with small dimensions are great for little girls. Let them pick fabrics that their dolly will love.
- Sweet Dreams Baby Quilt - A coin quilt pattern is as easy as it looks. The vibrant colors in this quilt are very becoming.
- Seaside Chevron Picnic Quilt - Families love to picnic. Every time you go on a picnic, use this quilt to remind your kids of their quilting successes.
If your child doesn't have the attention span for a full quilt start with a patchwork pillow.
- How to Make a Patchwork Pillow - This patchwork pillow is the easiest pillow pattern out there. Don't miss it.
- Favorite Drawing Pillow - Your kids will love drawing the featured design at the center of this DIY pillow.
- Crazy Cowboy Tooth Fairy Pillow - Kids love the tooth fairy. Let them in on the fun tradition by making this fun pillow.
- Pretty Patchwork Pillows - Working wtih triangle fabric pieces is just as easy as working with square pieces. You'll be able to whip this up, lickity-split.
Discover your next baby shower gifts with DIY Baby Gifts: 15 Baby Quilt Patterns.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- October Surprise Charm Quilt
- I Spy Disappearing Nine Patch
- 26 Free Quilting Patterns for Children
- Princess Kate Diamond Quilt Pattern
- Hip Kitty Lap Quilt Pattern
- Brick Pattern Fat Quarter Quilt
- Adorable Olaf the Snowman Quilt
- Quilted Owl Wall Hanging
- Robot Quilt for Your Grandson
- 22 Quilting Projects for Young Children
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Liberty Hexagon Zippered Pouch Tutorial
- Little Crazy Mug Rug Pattern
- Drawstring Top Fabric Basket
- Hand Tied Snuggle Quilt Tutorial
- How to Design Your Own DIY Quilt
- 18 Stunning Disappearing Nine Patch Patterns
- QAYG Vera Bradley-Inspired Pouch
- Canadian Maple Leaf Block
- Quilted Vintage Shirt Cushion
- Guide to Quilt Sizes