14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
By: Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Free Baby Quilt Patterns from FaveQuilts: 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls eBook
If it feels like you're always looking for free baby quilt patterns for your next shower gift, this eBook is for you! 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls is chock full of new ideas for baby quilts. Make these baby quilts as gifts for expectant mothers, presents for baby birthdays, or as cuddly blankets for your own little ones. Don't get stuck in a rut making boring checkerboard quilts from charm packs. Get creative with some of the fun free quilt patterns in this eBook. They are cute and creative, but that doesn't mean they're difficult to make! All of these quilts are suitable for inexperienced quilters. All you need is some basic quilting skills and a zest for trying new things to make the simple quilts in this collection.
No matter who you are quilting for, you're sure to find the perfect quilt in the 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls eBook. We have pulled together both patchwork and applique baby quilt patterns, both baby girl and baby boy quilt patterns, and patterns for both animal quilts and floral quilts. You'll find patterns to use with your AccuQuilt GO! dies and patterns that you can make with just a few scraps from your fabric stash. Download the free eBook today for access to all of these easy but adorable baby quilt ideas!
While you're here, consider these other titles from FaveQuilts!
Babies adore animals, and quilts with little critters help kids to learn about the natural world. Make a few of these animal quilts and soon you'll have an entire menagerie of quilty creatures! The patterns in this section of 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns include both applique baby quilt patterns and patchwork quilt patterns, so you can choose to applique animal shapes to your quilt top with solid fabrics or use fun animal prints that you find in the fabric store for patchwork patterns.
The best way to customize a baby quilt design as a gift is to include the baby's name, and 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls offers plenty of options. In the "AlphaBaby Quilt" (pg. 15) the baby's appliqued name even serves as the primary design element. These personalized baby quilts are perfect for making special gifts that will be cherished as the child grows older.
If you find piecework too finicky but adore applique, the applique baby quilt patterns in 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls are for you. With a little fusible webbing and some applique templates or maybe a die cutting machine, you can have a baby quilt done in just a couple of hours. Several of the quilts patterns like the "Squares and More Baby Quilt" (pg. 11) and the "Diagonal Baby Quilt" (pg. 13) are designed for using AccuQuilt GO! dies, which makes them especially convenient.
We know it can be difficult to find a good variety of baby quilt patterns for boys, so we have included plenty of baby quilts in traditionally masculine colors. Although many of these simple quilt patterns like the "Framed Charm Squares Baby Quilt" (pg. 28) can easily be adapted for baby girls if you make them with more feminine fabrics, the color combinations and patterns in 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls will provide you with plenty of inspiration for baby boy quilts.
We all love making quilts for baby girls. The pretty fabrics are just irresistible! Luckily the baby quilt patterns for girls in 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls are all about showing off the fabric. Beyond showcasing your fabric goodies, these easy quilt patterns are a good way to learn about new techniques. They are all guaranteed to be easy patterns, and because they're baby quilts, they are small-scale projects that allow for some experimentation. Try out rag quilting with the impossibly simple "Beautiful Baby Rag Quilt" (pg. 33), or gain some experience with foundation paper piecing while making the scrappy squares in the "String Block Baby Quilt" (pg. 29).
Next time you've got a baby shower or a toddler's birthday coming up, don't stress out trying to figure out what kind of baby product to buy. Make a gift that comes from the heart! A handmade baby quilt is an enduring source of comfort and warmth. It's a gift that shows you truly care, and it's sure to be appreciated by the baby's family for years to come. Make your gift extra special by using one of the creative baby quilt patterns in this collection. They're easy enough for a beginning quilter, but still adorable.These baby quilts are wonderful for your own children too. Whether you just need something to keep your little ones warm at night or you're working redecorating the nursery with handmade items, you'll find an inspired pattern to fit your needs in the 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls eBook.
With your free copy of the 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls eBook, you can also subscribe to our Piecing It Together newsletter to become part of a helpful and friendly quilting community. In subscribing to the newsletter you will receive:
- Four weekly e-mails with free quilt patterns, tips, collection pages, videos and more.
- Chances to win quilting books and products in giveaways and contests.
- New FREE patterns made available to you throughout the year.
- Access to our free pattern library full of hundreds of free quilt patterns.
- The opportunity to share ideas and help others in the quilting community.
This eBook is available to FaveQuilts readers at no cost, so you won't have to spend a cent on the pattern for your next baby quilt! Each pattern includes a materials list to make shopping a cinch and step-by-step instructions with full-color photos and diagrams so the pattern is easy to follow. Once you have downloaded the eBook and subscribed to our Piecing It Together newsletter, you will receive new free quilt patterns in your e-mail inbox every week! Join the FaveQuilts.com quilting community and gain access to hundreds of free quilt patterns and connect with quilters all over the country. Download this free eBook and check out FaveQuilts.com for tons of quilting inspiration!
BONUS: For more baby quilt patterns you might enjoy, take a look at these pages:
Images from other quilters
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 40+ Free Baby Quilt Patterns
- Speedy Charm Pack Baby Quilt Pattern
- All-Star Charm Quilt
- Classic Pink Hourglass Quilt
- Magic Jelly Roll Quilt
- Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Beginners: 15 Surprising Baby Quilt Ideas
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- Arrows on the Go Quilt
- Rainbow Star Quilt Tutorial
- Sew Stitchy Squares Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Scrappy Herringbone Quilt Tutorial
- Oak and Acorn Free Motion Tutorial
- Fabulous Fat Quarter Aprons Review
- Apple Orchard Block Pattern
- Dog Gone Cute Block Tutorial
- Radiant Splendor Quilt Block
- Bloom Fabric Collection Review
- Green Gables Quilt Pattern
- New Leaf Quilt Block
- Halloween Hexagon Mini Quilt