Bonnie K. Hunter
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Bonnie K. Hunter is passionate about quilting, focusing mainly on scrap quilts with the simple feeling of “making do.” She started her love affair with quilting in a home economics class her senior year of high school in 1980 and has never looked back. Before quilting became her full time career, Bonnie was the owner and designer of “Needle in a Haystack!!” creating over 70 patterns for dolls and stuffed animals with a country primitive feel. Many of her designs were licensed through the Butterick Pattern Company, translated into 7 languages, and sold around the globe through fabric stores.
But quilting has always been Bonnie’s first love. She started machine quilting her quilts in 1988 and spent many years professionally long-arm machine quilting for the public after purchasing her first long-arm machine in 1995. She has been featured in magazines both for her quilt patterns and articles she has written on scrap management and using that stash to its full potential.
Bonnie is dedicated to continuing the traditions of quilting. She enjoys meeting with quilters, teaching workshops, and lecturing to quilt guilds all over the USA, challenging quilters to break the rules, think outside the box, and find what brings them joy.
Her first book, Scraps & Shirttails, was released in 2008 followed by her second book, Adventures With Leaders & Enders, released in early 2010,also published by Kansas City Star. Be on the look-out for Scraps & Shirttails II, due for release in early 2011!
Bonnie writes a regular column for Quiltmaker Magazine entitled "Addicted to Scraps" with the main intention to help you to put various aspects of your own Scrap User's System to good use!
Her large website Quiltville.com is visited by thousands of quilters around the globe daily, providing many with ideas for using those precious scraps, including free patterns to get you started!
Bonnie’s favorite motto? “The Best Things in Life are Quilted!!” of course!
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns