Bonnie K. Hunter
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Bonnie K. Hunter is passionate about quilting, focusing mainly on scrap quilts with the simple feeling of “making do.” She started her love affair with quilting in a home economics class her senior year of high school in 1980 and has never looked back. Before quilting became her full time career, Bonnie was the owner and designer of “Needle in a Haystack!!” creating over 70 patterns for dolls and stuffed animals with a country primitive feel. Many of her designs were licensed through the Butterick Pattern Company, translated into 7 languages, and sold around the globe through fabric stores.
But quilting has always been Bonnie’s first love. She started machine quilting her quilts in 1988 and spent many years professionally long-arm machine quilting for the public after purchasing her first long-arm machine in 1995. She has been featured in magazines both for her quilt patterns and articles she has written on scrap management and using that stash to its full potential.
Bonnie is dedicated to continuing the traditions of quilting. She enjoys meeting with quilters, teaching workshops, and lecturing to quilt guilds all over the USA, challenging quilters to break the rules, think outside the box, and find what brings them joy.
Her first book, Scraps & Shirttails, was released in 2008 followed by her second book, Adventures With Leaders & Enders, released in early 2010,also published by Kansas City Star. Be on the look-out for Scraps & Shirttails II, due for release in early 2011!
Bonnie writes a regular column for Quiltmaker Magazine entitled "Addicted to Scraps" with the main intention to help you to put various aspects of your own Scrap User's System to good use!
Her large website Quiltville.com is visited by thousands of quilters around the globe daily, providing many with ideas for using those precious scraps, including free patterns to get you started!
Bonnie’s favorite motto? “The Best Things in Life are Quilted!!” of course!
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
- Trip Around the World Bed Quilt
- Cathedral Stars Quilt
- Crayon Box Quilt
- Crumb Quilt
- Jared Takes a Wife
- My Blue Heaven Bed Quilt
- Ohio Stars and Rails Quilt
- Patches and Pinwheels
- Pineapple Blossom
- Fun With Bricks Scrap Quilt
- Quilt Backing Yardage Requirements
- Random Ohio Stars Throw
- Scrap User's System
- Scrappy Ocean Waves
- Smoky Mountain Stars Quilt
- Weed Whacker Bed Quilt
- String X Lap Quilt
- Streak of Sunshine Baby Quilt
- Storytime Stars Quilt
- Out on a String
- Diamond in a Square Strings
- String Quilting Primer
- The Incredible Scrappy Bargello
- Spooky Witch Paper Pieced Block
- Misty Mountain Quilt Pattern
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- The Best Free Quilt Patterns for Christmas: 10 Quilt Blocks, Christmas Ornaments to Make, and More
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilter's Starch Savvy
- Spring Cottage Quilted Table Runner
- Pentagon Mouse Pad Quilt Pattern
- On the Plus Side Quilt Block
- Playful Pencils Quilt Block
- Oliso TG1100 Smart Iron in Orchid-Purple
- Video Tutorial: How to Thread a Sewing Machine
- Video Tutorial: How to Make a Dresden Plate Quilt
- How to Make a Photo Quilt Part 2: Printing on Fabric
- Beginner Free Motion Quilting Video Tutorial