This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
Layer Cake Disappearing 9-Patch Baby Quilt
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
"Using a 10" precut fabric layer cake and a small amount of yardage, create TWO baby quilts in a weekend. Each quilt is 64" x 64" when finished. The borders are 4" wide and highlight your favorite fabric in the layer cake. The project is small enough to quilt on your home sewing machine, making it perfect for a beginning quilter. This fast disappearing 9-patch pattern will be a favorite. Jump in and give it a try!"
NotesThis is a great starter project. It can be finished in a weekend and stitches even faster if you use a serger. Make the quilts for an occasion or save them for an upcoming gift. You'll be amazed at how forgiving this pattern is!
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size64 inches wide x 64 inches long
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- 1 10" square precut package (Layer Cake) 40 pc
- 2-1/3 yard white polka dot
- 2/3 yard pink border
- 2/3 yard grey border
- 1/2 yard binding for EACH quilt
Read NextOmbre Baby Quilt Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks
It doesn't get much prettier or simpler than these Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks. Quilting doesn't always have to be… Continue reading: "Beautifully Basic Chevron Quilt Blocks"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Big Scraps Quilt Block
- How To Make Flying Geese (4 At A Time Method)
- Easy Big Star Quilt Block
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Tiptoe Through the Tulips Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block
- Easy Fat Quarter Quilt
- Scrap Bursts Quilt Block
- Quilted Patchwork Flower Pillow Pattern
- Easy Quilt Block For 2.5" Strips & Squares
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns