This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"MADE ONE SIMILAR ALL DIFFERENT DIRETIONS BUT TURNED OUT INTERESTING, I THINK."
"this does not ppear to be a free pattern anymore ??"
How To Make A Rag Pillow
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Click here to view your Quilt Basket.
"Pillows are a perfect for learning a new sewing skill. They’re small & quick to make. As a quilter, I love making pillows to try new quilt idea. This rag pillow project is all about the surface texture that seems to be so popular in interior design boutiques. You’ll love the super simple rag seam technique that makes finishing this pillow a breeze. This is a very simple pillow to make that you can finish in an afternoon. Simply sew narrow fabric strips onto your pillow to create the frayed design. Once you begin to sew, you’ll be surprised how quickly you’ll be finished!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size18 inches wide x 18 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- 2 fat quarters
- 1 yard fusible fleece
- Fabric scraps for strips
- 16" pillow form
- 14" Velcro 5/8" tape
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Lady's Delight Circle Mini Quilt
Make a sweet and ladylike mini quilt inspired by all things Southern and summery with this fun Lady's Delight Circle Mini Quilt.… Continue reading: "Lady's Delight Circle Mini Quilt"
- Geometric Throw Pillow with Lapped Zip Back
- Quilted Boho Pillow Tutorial
- Our Favorite Pillow Patterns: 25 DIY Quilted Pillows
- Easy Striped Euro Sham
- Beehive Quilted Pillow Pattern
- Quilted DIY Pillow
- Hello Spring Strippy Pillow Cover
- Giant Economy Block Pillow
- Make a Quilted Zipper Pillow
- Sleep Quilted Pillow Pattern
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Liberty Flowers Throw Quilt Pattern
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Log Cabin Echoes Bed Quilt Pattern
- Classic Blue Star Crossed Bed Quilt Pattern
- Jumbo Granny Squares Bed Quilt
- Charming Greens Bed Quilt Pattern
- Boho Chic Bed Quilt Pattern
- Happy Days Bed Quilt Pattern
- Fantasia Bed Quilt Pattern
- Mosaic Bed Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns