This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
Geometric Throw Pillow with Lapped Zip Back
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
"Follow some step-by-step photos to learn how to quilt this Geometric Throw Pillow with Lapped Zip Back. There are even some simple diagrams on how to make the quilt block for the DIY pillow. You'll need some fabric scraps, two fat quarters, and a 12 inch zipper for this quilt tutorial. Envelope pillows are super easy, but finishing your pillow off with a lapped zip back makes it look more professional. DIY pillows make great gifts for anyone who loves home decor and they can be made to match any theme or design."
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size14.75 inches wide x 14.75 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Scraps from your stash measuring at least 2 1/4" x 7 1/2"
- 1 Fat Quarter of background/light fabric
- 1 Fat Quarter pillow back fabric
- 1 12" zip
Read NextFamily Tree Quilted Pillow
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Family Tree Quilted Pillow
- Geometric Throw Pillow with Lapped Zip Back
- Quarter Log Cabin Pillow Covers
- Home State Pillow Tutorial
- Vintage Sheet Half Square Triangle Pillow
- 8 Tutorials for Making Quilted Pillows and 4 Easy Pillow Patterns for the Holidays
- Secret Stitches Turquoise Pillow
- Quilted DIY Pillow
- Free-form Log Cabin Pillow
- Sunshine Paisley Embroidered Pillow
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cardinal Bird Quilt Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- Layers of a Quilt Beginner Guide
- Learn the Difference Between Fabric Scissors and Paper Scissors
- Sweet And Simple Squares Baby Quilt
- The Gemstone Quilt
- Loralie Designs
- W. Cushing & Co.
- Harvest Stars Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns