20+ Quilting Patterns for Handmade Teacher Gifts
Your child's teacher is sure to love these bright and colorful quilted gifts!
Find a whole collection of handmade gifts to give a teacher for the holidays. We compiled this collection of 20+ Quilting Patterns for Handmade Teacher Gifts, which includes a variety of small quilted projects you can sew for your children's teachers in no time! You might think that it will be too time-consuming or expensive to quilt handmade teacher gifts, but these quilt projects are small and simple enough to make a gift for each of your children's teachers. You can choose from a selection of Christmas teacher gift ideas or make homemade teacher gifts that can be used all year. You can even get the kids involved in making unique teacher gifts!
This collection of handmade teacher gifts is also a great way to use up the odds and ends in your fabric stash. Whether you create a mug rug that's the right size for a desk or a checkerboard that students are sure to love, you'll definitely find a quilting pattern or two to try.
Table of Contents
Handmade Teacher Gifts for the Classroom
These quilted teacher gift ideas are sure to make the teacher smile and benefit the entire classroom. If you're new to quilting, then you just might be amazed by what you can create! From games to bulletin boards and almost everything in between, these projects are colorful, fun, and easy to make. These gifts are sure to be loved for years to come!
- Tic Tac Toe Play MatChalk cloth makes this quilt a reusable gift that will entertain students for hours. Kids of all ages will enjoy this fun game.
- Mini Bookshelf QuiltUse titles from the class reading list to make this quilted wall hanging. Teachers will love receiving such a personalized gift.
- Fabric Bulletin BoardThe classroom can be organized and the kids can have fun hanging and pinning things. This gift is great for posting announcements and other fun items!
- Quilted Tea SetThe perfect gift idea for preschool or kindergarten teachers, this toy will be a fun addition to the classroom's play area. Students will love "planning" a tea party with this play set.
- Shapes Galore Tangram BookChallenge students to use shapes in new and fun ways with this pattern. This is one classroom item that can be used for years to come.
- Fabric Checkerboard DIY GameHere is a fun and colorful take on the traditional checkerboard! This pattern is also easy to store and set up. It's also a great way to make a dent in your pile of scrap fabric.
Handmade Teacher Gifts for Desk Items
For handmade gifts to give a teacher, there's nothing more appropriate than pretty patchwork desk supplies. Consider using fabric in the teacher's favorite color, or perhaps incorporate the colors of their alma mater or favorite sports team for a truly unique and personalized look. From pouches to supply cubes, there are plenty of ideas to try. These patterns are sure to be a hit!
- Strip Pieced Wool Pencil CaseThis patchwork pencil case will keep red pens handy for grading assignments. Stylish and chic, this design will likely see a lot of use!
- Any teacher will appreciate this organizational craft. Although it is intended for quilters, it can be easily modified to hold scissors, pencils, pens, and other small necessities that teachers use every day.
- Patchwork Journal CoverHelp your child's teacher dress up her plain notebooks with a simple patchwork cover. Bright and colorful as can be, this notebook cover can be reused.
- Stay Sharp Scissor PouchThis free quilted gift pattern allows easy access, but also provides safety. It will also be so much easier to spot a pair of scissors with this pouch.
- Fat Quarter Key FobMake it a little bit easier for your child's teacher to find his keys when you make this bright and colorful key fob! The quilting pattern won't take long for you to make and will be a delightful addition to any present you plan to give.
- Dresden Color Wheel Mug RugsA desk with coffee spills or water condensation will be a thing of the past with this bright and colorful mug rug! With its bright colors and unique design, this pattern is sure to put a smile on a teacher's face.
Teacher Gifts for Use at Home
A teacher shouldn't have to leave all of their quilted gifts in the classroom! With these quilt patterns, you can create a number of fun and personalized items that will be used and treasured for years. These patterns are perfect for almost any recipient you may have in mind. If you want to personalize the final project, then consider using fabric in the recipient's favorite colors.
- Love of Literature Tablet CoverGet creative with your applique designs for small quilt projects for lit lovers. This tablet cover is a great combination of old technology meeting new technology!
- Expandable Library ToteA patchwork bag will make carrying schoolwork much easier. This design has a clever feature, as the capacity can be adjusted accordingly.
- Manly Man Laptop CaseThis is a free quilted gift pattern for the teacher on the go. Don't let the name of the pattern surprise you, as everyone is sure to love this design!
- Book Lover's CoverAs your child's teacher is likely a bookworm, this delightful book cover will make a great gift. This pattern will be much appreciated, as it includes pockets to store bookmarks and other must-have items for an enjoyable reading experience.
- Quilted Yoga MatColorful and bright as can be, this pattern is perfect for any teacher who is known to unwind with yoga. You just might want to make a duplicate of this pattern for your own use!
- Quick Quilted Coffee CozyAdd a pop of color to even the most mundane paper coffee cup with this cozy. The quick quilting pattern won't take long to make, either.
- Hanging Mail OrganizerGive your child's teacher the gift of organization with understated and chic mail holder. With its crisp lines and eye-catching design, this organizer will help just about anyone stay on top of bills and magazines.
Handmade Teacher Gifts for Christmas
Christmas is a popular time for creating teachers gifts, so be sure to make one of these Christmas quilt patterns! These fun patterns will be a bright and colorful addition to anyone's home. In addition to traditional Christmas designs, we've included a few winter patterns that can be used up until the start of spring.
- Felt Winter SceneDo you want to quilt a snowman? With its whimsical design, this winter scene can be put on display through March.
- Folded Fabric Star OrnamentThey'll think of your family whenever they go to hang these small handmade quilt ornaments! This is one design you'll want to try for years to come.
- Felt Poinsettia CoastersWith their festive look and unique design, these coasters will be a bright touch to the holidays. They are alos almost too pretty to be covered by a mug or glass!
- Easy Quilted Christmas OrnamentsWith their stylish and timeless design, these ornaments will be loved and treasured for years to come. Consider presenting these ornaments in a special gift box for an added touch.
Which handmade teacher gift will you try?
Read NextSquare Kitchen Potholders