We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Is quilting something you do in your spare time, professionally or both?
I quilt as a hobby, in my spare time. I have done custom quilts, but I don’t do them regularly enough to call myself a professional. I mostly make quilts and projects for family and friends.
How did your passion for quilting manifest into a blog?
Believe it or not, it was actually the other way around for me. I’ve had a blog for a while, but would frequently run out of things to talk about. I used to do a lot of digital scrapbooking, but there was no interest on the part of my friends. When I picked up quilting again earlier this year, I reformatted my blog and then eventually changed its title and URL. The stories just kept coming and there is much more interest now.
What’s your quilting style?
I lean towards more modern quilting, but not to the point of abstract. I like simple quilts, like squares-in-squares and half-square triangles and I really love the look of straight-line quilting
Who do you quilt for and why?
Family and friends. Mostly for gifts and to show them that I love them. There’s something about a warm and cozy quilt made just for you.
Tell us a little bit about you as a person? Are you a mom? A wife? A trapeze artist on the side?
I’m a married, working mom with two boys and I’m also a full-time graduate student. Life is quite busy right now, to say the least. But, even so, I love every aspect of it and am glad to be doing what I’m doing.
What’s the most difficult or unusual quilting project you've ever tackled?
A Bethlehem Star quilt that I started this summer and am still working on. It’s very tedious and exact, so it’s a bit frustrating for me. There are a lot of small steps involved and the quilt is king-size, so it’s a double-whammy of sorts.
Projects and Tutorials on FaveQuilts:
Read NextJen Eskridge
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shiny + Bright Quilt Pattern
- Starburst Christmas Ornament Quilt Block
- Christmas Star Ornament Block Pattern
- Broken Dishes Baby Quilt Pattern
- 18+ Free Decorative Christmas Quilt Patterns
- Morning Frost Quilt Pattern
- Cathedral Windows Christmas Ornament Quilt Block
- Fun Christmas Tree Quilt Blocks For Your Crumbs & Scraps
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Christmas Ornament Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns