National Quilting Month 2020
Join us in celebrating quilting all month long!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
March is National Quilting Month! Like the avid quilters we are, we have been not-so-patiently counting down the days for this month to arrive. Now that March is finally here, we have a number of exciting things to share with you, dear readers.
This month we have a brand new set of exlcusive patterns and giveaways to offer you. And don't miss our biggest announcement of all, the release of our NEW weekly newsletter, The Quilt Block Club!
All month long you will have the chance to enter to win huge prizes, make new and exclusive patterns from our favorites designers, and learn a little something about FMQ! Not only is this month-long celebration a great way for you to discover new patterns and potentially win big, but it's also a great time for you to discover and join our newest quilting community, The Quilt Block Club. Join us with a new block pattern to make every week.
Whether you're a long-time quilter or new to the game, this month-long celebration is a wonderful way to dive headfirst into quilting.
Introducing the Quilt Block Club!
Join the official FaveQuilts' Quilt Block Club! We share weekly block patterns throughout the year and much more. From exclusive quilt blocks made by our favorite designers to reader submissions and editor favorites--there are gripping patterns for you to devour every week.
Our first issue releases on National Quilting Day, Saturday, March 21st! Subscribe Here.
Exclusive Patterns for National Quilting Month
Celebrating National Quilting Month wouldn't be the same without a few exclusive patterns from our favorite designers!
1) Spring Breeze 12-Inch Quilt Block Pattern - an EXCLUSIVE block from Rose Johnston!
Spring Breeze is a fun and easy 12-inch quilt block pattern that you simply must make! Using gorgeous floral fabrics in our favorite spring hues, Spring Breeze is giving us some serious spring fever. This pretty 12-inch quilt block uses a traditional piecing method that beginners and advanced quilters will love combined with fun HST work that will help you practice the HST quilting method.
2) Ruler of the Month! - an EXCLUSIVE event with Carolina Moore!
Each month features a different ruler to play with and an exclusive quilt pattern that is free for that month only, so be sure to visit each month and download your pattern! This month (March 2020) is the Color Block Twist quilt which uses the Straight out of Line Ruler.
3) What Causes Ripples in Bindings? - an EXCLUSIVE guide by Cristina De Miranda!
Binding your quilt is one of the most rewarding stages of the quilting process. It is the final sprint of a marathon; a quilter’s version of the finish line. Few things can dampen that excitement like ripples in your binding. What causes ripples in bindings? This guide will go over the most common reasons and solutions.
4) Handi Quilter Minute Motifs - Free motion videos from Handi Quilter!
Minute Motifs feature quick designs you can practice and customize for your own quilting projects. Create them with a longarm quilting machine or domestic sewing machine! Try following patterns with your finger before quilting them. Once you get the feel for a design, you’ll discover ways to nest and repeat—happy quilting!
National Quilting Month Giveaways and Sponsors
Who doesn't love a good giveaway? This month you can enter to win some pretty stellar prizes from our company sponsors, Handi Quilter, Studio Designs, and Reliable. Take a look at the details below and enter to win all month long!
Handi Quilter Pro-Stitcher Designer Software Giveaway - This intuitive creative software from Handi Quilter introduces technology that empowers quilters to create, edit, or customize any quilting motif. Pro-Stitcher Designer, which is available as standalone software or included with the purchase of the Pro-Stitcher robotic quilting system, is an exciting new tool for all types of quilters.
CLICK HERE TO WIN
Sew Ready Pro Line Craft, Sewing, And Office Desk Giveaway - This stylish desk from Studio Designs is a modern and practical sewing machine table that will transform your quilting studio for the better! This well-designed table incorporates a sewing machine platform and laminated top, along with two drawers for your project and crafting storage needs. Make things easy and stylish!
CLICK HERE TO WIN
Reliable Velocity 260IR Iron Giveaway - The Velocity iron from Reliable use a patented 2-heating element and micro-pump technology that pre-heats the water and turns it into steam before it reaches the soleplate. Velocity irons will give you perfect constant steam at even the lowest temperatures yet 100% safe for all fabrics.
CLICK HERE TO WIN
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Project of the Day
Quilters on the lookout for a challenge and a unique star quilt pattern will adore this unique paper piecing pattern. This bright and… Continue reading: "Pom Pom Paper Piecing Tutorial"
- Scrumptious Scrappy Four Square Pincushion
- 7 Fabulous and Free PDF Quilt Patterns
- Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns We Love
- 11 Four Patch Quilt Patterns
- 30+ Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns
- 21 Simple Quilt Patterns
- 35 Free Star Quilt Patterns
- 26 Free 12-Inch Quilt Block Patterns
- 900+ Free Quilting Patterns
- 38 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mini Flying Geese Foundation Paper Piecing Pattern
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Quilt Pattern
- Give and Take Free Quilt Pattern
- Pinwheel Party Mini Quilt
- Rag Rose Pincushion
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns