900+ Free Quilting Patterns
All of our free quilt pattern collections, located for you on one convenient page!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Here at FaveQuilts, we have literally hundreds of free patterns and quilt project ideas for you to check out. From cute baby quilt patterns to quick quilt patterns made from pre-cuts, our selection is insanely extensive. Even the editors come across quilts they have never seen before at least once a day! All of these quilt patterns are an amazing resource, but sometimes it can be hard to decide what quilt to make! We have beginner quilting patterns, free patterns for experienced quilters, and everything in between. We totally understand that it can be hard to choose as you look at quilting pattern after free quilting pattern. This is exactly why we have compiled this giant list of patterns. 900+ Free Quilting Patterns is comprised of some of our most popular collections of quilt patterns, making it extra easy for quilters to find what they are looking for amongst our long, long list of stunning projects.
Whether you came here looking for quilting patterns for baby quilts, full quilt patterns, free block patterns, or anything else, there is probably a collection below that you are going to enjoy. Just scroll on down until you find the pattern you know you want. We are constantly updating these collections and this page, so check back every once in a while to see if there is something new that might strike your fancy!
If you are a quilter who loves the art of quilting, you might know exactly what kind of quilt you want to piece together next. That is why we provide collections of quilting patterns that are organized by type. If you are on the look out for Irish chain quilts, jelly roll quilt patterns, free log cabin quilting templates, or really anything else, we probably have the pattern for you!
Don't miss out on the awesome video tutorial below showing you all about how to can design your very own quilt pattern!
Table of Contents
Pre-Cut Free Quilting Patterns
Quilting with pre-cuts is an excellent way to skip some steps while still making a stunning quilt. Check out our pattern collections below to find the very best quilt patterns that use jelly rolls, layer cakes, fat quarters, and more.
Traditional Quilt Patterns
If you're a quilter who adores the tried and true designs of traditional quilts, these collections are for you! With bear paws, log cabin blocks, and more, these lists of traditional and vintage quilt patterns will take you right back to your quilting roots.
Modern Free Quilting Patterns
We probably don't have to tell you that modern quilting patterns featuring bright colors and trendy designs have been all the rage for years now. These not-so-traditional takes on a very old art are worth the click. Learn how to make your quilts next level with these lovely ideas.
Applique Quilt Patterns
Quilters love applique! No matter the design, applique patterns always add such a lovely touch of something more to your quilting patterns. Whether you'd like to explore a new applique technique (reverse applique can be SO stunning) or you're just looking for a small applique to give your simple quilt some personality, there's sure to be an applique pattern for you.
Free Quilt Block Patterns
A collection of free and downloadable quilting patterns wouldn't be complete without a few lists of block patterns. Block patterns make up a quilt! Check out some of our favorite quilt block patterns and ideas below.
Free Patterns for Babies and Kids
One of the best thing about baby quilt patterns and kids quilts patterns? Theyre smaller. Smaller quilts means quicker projects. Plus, a quilt is one of the most heartwarming and cuddle-inducing gifts you can give a little one. Whether you're looking for a baby quilt for a brand new boy or girl or looking for a nice holiday gift, these quilts for kiddos will do the trick.
Other Free Quilting Patterns
And there's more! With all the collections we have created here at FaveQuilts.com, not all of them fit into the categories above. This catch-all category has some of our best ideas. So, keep scrolling and exploring!
What is your favorite type of quilt?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Images from other quilters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 22 Southwestern Quilts and Southwestern Quilt Ideas
- The Guide to Quilt Sizes for Beds
- 26 Charming Charm Pack Quilt Patterns
- Miami Connections Block Quilt Tutorial
- Charmed Fabric Bowl
- Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns We Love
- Dog Gone Cute Block Tutorial
- 38 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
- Quilt Coloring Book: 10 Quilt Coloring Pages to Print
- The Take Along Quilt
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Spool Sawtooth Star Block For Beginners
- Crumb Quilt Block
- Berry Patch Quilt
- Easy Sailboat Quilt
- X Marks The Scrap Quilt Pattern
- Easy Cross Sawtooth Star Block
- Quick Denim Quilt (improv Quilt With Instructions)
- Easy Pinwheel Sawtooth Star
- Make A Cushion Cover From An Orphan Block (with Lazy Zipper Hacks)
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns