21 Amish Quilt Patterns
Amish quilt designs are so classic and beautiful. You will love every pattern in this collection!
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
There's something about the classic and natural style of Amish quilts. In this collection of Amish Quilt Patterns, we are featuring some of the most beautiful Amish-style quilt blocks, applique patterns, and full quilts, along with mug rugs and a few other designs.
The in-touch-with-nature appearance of these quilt patterns is something to be admired. Sometimes the patterns are strict to the Amish style and other times there's a fun combination of the classic methods plus some modern flair.
You will find the prettiest leaf applique patterns, simple blocks, and stunning full quilts in this collection. If you love quilting, then you are going to adore the free patterns to make from this list.
Even if your final product isn't "Amish" you can still add some of these pretty applique pieces or one of these blocks. There are even simple geometric patterns that work so well with other styles in quilting, so it's just a matter of what you're looking to accomplish.
Plus: Watch the video below to learn how to make a traditional star flower quilt block!
Table of Contents
Amish Quilt Block Patterns
These Amish quilt blocks are some of the prettiest block patterns you'll see today.
From traditional Amish images, like baskets, ribbons, and stars to different styles that still use the Amish colors and patterns you think of when quilting, these projects are going to impress you and make you think of simple living.
This Basket Block Pattern is a good example of the Amish style. See below for the other uniquely-Amish designs you can make for quilt blocks!
- Mary Ingalls Nine Patch Block Tutorial
A great project for charm squares, this nine patch block can be sewn in under an hour, and uses a 2.5" border of white fabric to make the colors of your nine patch pop.
- Blue Ribbon Block Pattern
The best part about this quilt block pattern is that it comes together super quickly, making it a fast way to make a quilt out of these bright geometric shapes.
- Amish Star Squared Quilt Block
The star block shown here is sewn from white and mustard-colored fabric. When these blocks are sewn together, new patterns begin to emerge.
- Amish Star Quilt Block Pattern
The slight irregularity in these simple quilt blocks adds a breath of fresh air to the finished quilt, creating a dizzying design of squares within squares.
- Modern Basket Quilt Block Tutorial
This paper piecing block even comes with a printable template for making your blocks, and this easy project is perfect for using richly colored fat quarters.
- Pop Rox Quilt Block Tutorial
An ideal project for beginner quilters to improve their skills, this easy quilt block tutorial pieces together quickly and uses mini blocks to form a larger quilt block.
- Basket Block Pattern
Learn how to make a quilt block pattern that has a cool, country vibe when you check out this free quilting block pattern. The Basket Block Pattern is a great block to add to your traditional quilting patterns or makes a great Amish accent to your other projects.
Amish Applique Quilt Patterns
This sweet Oak Leaf Applique Block would be a beautiful addition to any quilt, especially if it's Amish themed. Although there are only a few designs here, you can change up the colors and the styles slightly to make them all look unique.
Applique is amazing because you can add it to nearly anything. Complete any block or full quilt by adding an applique piece or sew it onto something purchased, like a pillow or blanket.
That's the beauty of applique! It can be a small addition or a big undertaking, it just depends on what you're looking to do.
- Maple Leaf Applique Block
This quilt pattern Autumn leaf is a versatile design that will be perfect for any of your fall quilt projects.
- Chestnut Applique Leaf
This applique design will be a great way for you to bring the outdoor wonder of Fall into your indoor quilting.
- Oak Leaf Applique Block
Looking for a way to add a burst of color to your Fall quilts? With this Oak Leaf Applique Block, you'll have an easy quilting block project that decorates your quilt with a beautiful and simple applique design.
Full Amish Quilt Patterns
How beautiful is this Classic Amish Diamond Quilt? It's just one of the stunning Amish designs we've collected and included in the list below.
Now, this is the section where you'll find inspiration and free quilt patterns for an entire quilt. Gorgeous bed-size quilts that will be perfect in almost any setting and home.
Make these for your own bedroom or living room or give them as thoughtful gifts for holidays or housewarmings. Amish quilt patterns free to make are always going to lead to a good day!
- Scrappy Meets Amish Quilt Pattern
This free bed quilt pattern is the perfect way to play with color value and lets you show off your most colorful fabric scraps that you've been saving up.
- Cabin Fever Blues Quilt Pattern
Finishing at the perfect size for a large bed quilt, this free quilt pattern combines scrap quilting with the traditional log cabin to create a jaw-droppingly pretty design.
- Barn Raised Log Cabin Quilt
Make a true work of art using quilt designs you're already familiar with, making the process much less intimidating!
- Amish Bar Mug Rug Pattern
If you're intrigued by Amish quilt patterns but don't have time or inclination to make a whole quilt, try out some common Amish quilt patterns in mug rugs instead!
- Grandma's Gorgeous Autumn Quilt
Take this quilt with you to any fall football games, and everyone will be gawking at the beauty of this quilt.
- Festive Fall Baby Quilt
The fall-colored hues will keep the baby calm, but the interesting star shapes will keep the baby engaged and happy.
- Amish Mini Quilt Pattern
Made using a simple square in a square technique, this mini quilt pattern also uses basic patchwork, so it's a great project for using up your fabric scraps.
- Checkered Garden Quilt Tutorial
This easy quilt project mixes mini squares with small strips, so it's a great way to combine some quilting basics.
- Sunny Log Cabin Quilt
This log cabin patchwork could also be made from your stash of fabric scraps, so your color combination could be anything under the rainbow.
- Simple Twist Quilt Pattern
This modern quilt pattern is the perfect way to display a rainbow of every color imaginable or would be a fun project to experiment with different shades of the same color.
- Classic Amish Diamond Quilt
Create a simple, but pleasing image to the eye using a long-running tradition among quilters that comes in the tutorial for this Classic Amish Diamond Quilt.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Project of the Day
Get ready to break out your brightest fabric scraps for this classic nine patch quilt pattern that new and experienced quilters will… Continue reading: "Scrap Happy Nine Patch Quilt Pattern"
- Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns We Love
- Miami Connections Block Quilt Tutorial
- 900+ Free Quilting Patterns
- 38 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
- 35 Free Star Quilt Patterns
- 26 Charming Charm Pack Quilt Patterns
- The Take Along Quilt
- 35+ Snuggly Free Rag Quilt Patterns
- 24 Fabulous Fat Quarter Quilt Patterns
- 30+ Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to make Lavender Bags
- Small Zipper Pouch
- How to Buy Fabric
- June Tailor Quilter's Tote
- Quilted Decorative Hand Towel Pattern
- Butterfly Free Quilt Pattern
- Last-Minute Quilted Christmas Gift
- Scrappy Quilt Sew Along Pattern
- Witchy Halloween Quilt Pattern
- Cute Summer Quilt Block Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns