Easy Polka Dot Pillowcase
Use fun homemade pillow cases to decorate a kids' bed without spending a fortune. These Easy Polka Dot Pillowcases can be made in just a half hour with Accuquilt Go! dies and fusible web. You only need a few seams to make these pillowcases!
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size20 inches wide x 26 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
MATERIALS (for one pillowcase):
- 1 yard background fabric
- 1/2 yard trim fabric
- 1/2 yard fusible web
- Accuquilt Go! fabric cutter
- Accuquilt Go! Circles 2", 3", 5" (55012)
- Accuquilt Go! 6" x 12" mat (55112)
- Accuquilt Go! strip cutter 2-1/2" (55017)
- Cut 1—20-1/2" x 40-1/2" rectangle
- Cut 1—9" x 40-1/2" rectangle
- Cut 1—2-1/2" strip across the width of fabric
- Cut 3—5" circles with fusible web backing
- Cut 5—3" circles with fusible web backing
- Cut 9—2" circles with fusible web backing
- Fold 20-1/2" x 40-1/2" rectangle in half.
- Remove paper backing from appliqué circles.
- Arrange circles on rectangle as shown or as desired.
- Fuse in place following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Zigzag stitch around edges of circles with matching thread.
- Layout both rectangles and trim strip according to diagram below.
- Pin and sew rectangles and trim strip together.
- Press both seams toward 9" rectangle.
- Press under 1/4" on long open edge of 9" rectangle.
- Fold pillowcase in half right sides together. Pin and sew short and long edge of pillowcase.
- Pin 1/4" folded edge of 9" rectangle over trim seam allowance on inside of pillowcase.
- Hand stitch in place.
- Press fold in 9" rectangle to crease edge.
Read NextApril Showers Free Applique Designs