Zen-Sational Stitches for Quilting
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Zen-Sational Stitches for Quilting
By Suzanne McNeill
Gifted by Design Originals
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Zen-Sational Stitches for Quilting teaches you how to use the artistic and elaborate doodles known as Zentangles to create intriguing quilting and machine embroidery designs. Doodle a Zentangle pattern on fabric, and stitch over the lines to transfer an attractive Zentangle design to a quilt or home decor project. You can also start stitching right away without sketching out a pattern if you feel confident in your doodling abilities. If you enjoy doodling and making hand-drawn Zentangles, you'll love using the same cool designs on your sewing projects.
Zen-Sational Stitches for Quilting guides you through the process of learning how to make Zentangles with thread, starting with smaller shapes like apples. You'll learn how to fill an apple with all kinds of doodle designs and get inspiration for ways to design your Zentangle. Then try making wall hangings, quilts, purses and more with the Zentangle quilting method. You'll get ideas for all kinds of quilt projects with decorative stitching. You'll be delighted by how you can create stylized birds, flowers, paisleys, and hearts with Zentangles. The effect of Zentangles in quilting is like beautiful hand-embroidery, but without all the time-consuming work. Zentangles can be done with a sewing machine quickly and easily.
In contrast to traditional quilting and embroidery, Zentangle stitching is relaxing and creative. It allows you to let your creativity run wild as you fill in shapes with random decorative doodles rather than preconceived designs. It also relaxes you because the technique is very forgiving. Any mistake becomes just a unique feature of the design and an expression of your originality. The most beautiful thing about Zentangles is that no two are alike; each piece you create will be entirely one-of-a-kind. These beautiful quilting projects will give your home a personal touch like no other craft project.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you want to make a cute quilted baby blanket for an upcoming shower, then follow this free tutorial to create a Super Fast and Easy… Continue reading: "Super Fast and Easy Baby Blanket"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to win the Orange Blossom Quilt Block Pattern!
- Believe in miracles and WIN a You Hexie Thing Hexagon Ruler!
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to Win a Jubilee Autumn Spice Ragged Quilt Kit!
- Chance to win Brushstrokes by Pepper Cory Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Chance to win Blueberry Backroads Sweet Surprise Candle Mat Kit!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Handmade Fabric Christmas Village
- Quilt As You Go Scrappy Christmas Ornament Tutorial
- Fabric Kimekomi Christmas Ornaments
- Merry & Cheer Quilted Christmas Table Runner Pattern
- Winter Trees Quilted Table Runner
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Double Orange Peel Quilt Block (with Denim Background)
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns