Wanderlust Fabric Collection Review
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Wanderlust Fabric Collection Review
Reviewed by , Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Wanderlust is the newest fabric line from Monaluna. Featuring eight prints of moody desert skies, horses grazing, wildflowers, and more, this collection sings of the Southwest and desert adventures.
Before I even begin writing the review of this gorgeous collection, I highly recommend reading the inspiration behind Wanderlust on the Monaluna blog. Monaluna's founder, Jennifer Moore, writes about the serendipitous events inspiring this collection, including but not limited to an impulse car purchase, cross country adventures, a time of transition, and of course, the serendipity of it all!
The collection primarily features deep blues and coral colors to emphasize that desert sky over rolling reddish hills. I love the offset of the Wild Horses pattern, which includes a pale green background with horses grazing and running. Sky is another beautiful print. Smudges of deep blue and pale blue along with smatterings of birds and red "sun spots" make for the softest, most peaceful print. The fluttering birds just remind me of a time of change and inspiration.
Prints like Diamond in the Rough, Dusk, Skipping Stones, and Sun Spots feature polka dots, triangles, and diamonds to offset the organic animal and floral prints. The collection includes four of these geometric patterns, and four organic. The color schemes allow certain prints to pair together just beautifully. I think the pale green of Wild Horses would pair beautifully with the light mauve of Diamond in the Rough. Sky would pair beautifully with Sun Spots or Skipping Stones. Make a bright pink garment for a little girl by pairing Wildflower with Skipping Stones. Last, a calming and soft pairing of Feather and Dusk would make a beautiful quilt for a boy's room, or a lovely garment or tote.
If you're in the mood for a Southwest flair for your next project, be sure to explore Wanderlust! This gorgeous collection and the story behind it make for a meaningful new project.
What is your favorite place you've traveled?
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Lily Ashbury High Street Jelly Roll
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Win the Language of Flowers Block of the Month Quilt Pattern!
- Chance to Win a Fat Quarter of Riley Blake Fab-boo-lous Fabric!
- Quilts of Chestnut Ridge: Autumn at the Courthouse
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker
- T-Shirt Quilts
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Win a Joie de Vivre Fat Quarter Bundle!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cardinal Bird Quilt Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- Layers of a Quilt Beginner Guide
- Learn the Difference Between Fabric Scissors and Paper Scissors
- Sweet And Simple Squares Baby Quilt
- The Gemstone Quilt
- Loralie Designs
- W. Cushing & Co.
- Harvest Stars Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns