Think Positive Quilt Pattern from Esch House Quilts
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Think Positive Quilt Pattern
Designed by Debbie Grifka
Gifted by Esch House Quilts
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Debbie Grifka was only turned on to quilting a few years ago, but judging from her website, she's made up for lost time. Take one look at her stunning selection of quilting patterns, and you'll see what I mean. An avid seamstress who makes her own clothing and home decor, Grifka may seem like your typical DIY fanatic. What sets her apart is her preference for graphic designs like this Think Positive Quilt Pattern. Though quilting is sometimes perceived as a thing of the past, Grifka keeps this process in the present with her modern sensibility and style.
Many of today's quilt designs depend on floral motifs and delicate detailing to create a vintage feel. Grifka likes to make use of bold geometric shapes, unusual fabrics, and asymmetrical block arrangements to keep her projects interesting. Above all, Grifka wants her quilts to make a statement, and with this Think Positive Quilt Pattern, you can make one, too.
This pattern features a simple shape, the plus sign, and lets the vibrant fabrics do the rest of the work. Though the plus blocks look as if they were placed at random, one look at the detailed sheet of instructions will show you that they are, in fact, meticulously arranged. This semi-haphazard design lends itself to what Grifka calls the "graphic impact" of the quilt. If you're looking to make an even bolder statment, use fabric scraps and leftover charm squares to give this quilt even more personality.
Grifka's Think Positive Quilt Pattern can be modified to suit any need. A handy chart on the back of the pamphlet includes measurements for the following sizes: baby, youth, throw, twin, full, queen, and king. Give this quilt to a loved one who needs to be reminded to look on the bright side. Or, if you're in need of a little optimism, hang it in your bedroom or hallway.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"Do you love modern and minimalist quilts? Or better yet, do you love easy quilts that sew up quickly? Then the Free Swiss Cross Quilt… Continue reading: "Modern Swiss Cross Quilt Pattern"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to Win a Whitewash Ragged Homespun Quilt Kit!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Animal Print Cuddle Quilt Kit
- Chance to Win Pro-Stitcher Designer Software!
- Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond: 14 Quilt Patterns from Quiltmaker Magazine
- Watermark Fabric Collection from Studio e
- Win a Simplicity Rotary Cutter and Embosser!
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Chance to Win a June Tailor Quilter's Tote
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- A Message from The Editor of FaveQuilts
- Pocket Tote Bag Pattern
- Strip Surprise Quilt
- Modern Rainbow Quilt
- Flower Wall Hanging
- 6 Pocket Tote Bag
- Whitewash Ragged Homespun Quilt Kit
- End Of The Rainbow Mug Mat
- What Causes Ripples in Bindings?
- Tricked Out Triangles!
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns