Think Positive Quilt Pattern from Esch House Quilts
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Think Positive Quilt Pattern
Designed by Debbie Grifka
Gifted by Esch House Quilts
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Debbie Grifka was only turned on to quilting a few years ago, but judging from her website, she's made up for lost time. Take one look at her stunning selection of quilting patterns, and you'll see what I mean. An avid seamstress who makes her own clothing and home decor, Grifka may seem like your typical DIY fanatic. What sets her apart is her preference for graphic designs like this Think Positive Quilt Pattern. Though quilting is sometimes perceived as a thing of the past, Grifka keeps this process in the present with her modern sensibility and style.
Many of today's quilt designs depend on floral motifs and delicate detailing to create a vintage feel. Grifka likes to make use of bold geometric shapes, unusual fabrics, and asymmetrical block arrangements to keep her projects interesting. Above all, Grifka wants her quilts to make a statement, and with this Think Positive Quilt Pattern, you can make one, too.
This pattern features a simple shape, the plus sign, and lets the vibrant fabrics do the rest of the work. Though the plus blocks look as if they were placed at random, one look at the detailed sheet of instructions will show you that they are, in fact, meticulously arranged. This semi-haphazard design lends itself to what Grifka calls the "graphic impact" of the quilt. If you're looking to make an even bolder statment, use fabric scraps and leftover charm squares to give this quilt even more personality.
Grifka's Think Positive Quilt Pattern can be modified to suit any need. A handy chart on the back of the pamphlet includes measurements for the following sizes: baby, youth, throw, twin, full, queen, and king. Give this quilt to a loved one who needs to be reminded to look on the bright side. Or, if you're in need of a little optimism, hang it in your bedroom or hallway.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Create a gorgeously unique art quilt that mixes Eastern inspiration with budget-friendly fat quarters with this Chinese Forget Me Not… Continue reading: "Chinese Forget Me Not Wall Hanging"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine, Sponsored by Stitchin Heaven!
- Sweetheart Houses Pattern from Shabby Fabrics
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Fons & Porter Kickin' Back Quilts
- Chance to win Dragonskin Resize-It Templates!
- Modern Two-Sided Tree Skirt Pattern
- Downton Abbey Fabric Bundles
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Berry Patch Quilt
- Easy Sailboat Quilt
- X Marks The Scrap Quilt Pattern
- Easy Cross Sawtooth Star Block
- Quick Denim Quilt (improv Quilt With Instructions)
- Easy Pinwheel Sawtooth Star
- Make A Cushion Cover From An Orphan Block (with Lazy Zipper Hacks)
- Star In A Star
- State Fair Quilt
- BERNINA B-325 Sewing Machine
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns