Stitches to Savor 2016 Calendar
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
2016 Wall-Art Calendar
Gifted By: Martingale
Reviewed By Karin Jordan
Addicted to detail, texture and vibrant color? Each double-page spread of this vibrant 12-month calendar is packed with a stunning array of projects by folk artist Sue Spargo. She captures birds, leaves, florals and even an assortment of tea cups in such a highly detailed, whimsical fashion that you will find something new to savor each time you see the sumptuous photographs. Enjoy fanciful quilted backgrounds, intricate embroidery and beaded embellishments on cotton, felt, velvet and wool. Fussy-cut fabric details, ribbon and buttons add additional dimension. Patterns and kits for several of the quilts are available at suespargo.com should you develop a yen for your own folk art project. Or maybe you’ll be encouraged to use aspects of the designs in your own handwork.
This may not be the calendar for you if you want to map out a hectic schedule. It absolutely IS the calendar to choose if you want a drool-worthy art calendar to hang on your wall with beautiful images of inspiring hand stitched projects. Sue has published two stitch reference books and has a new book—also published by Martingale—coming out in November 2015. I’ve put them on my list, as this 2016 calendar leaves me wanting more.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"Do you love modern and minimalist quilts? Or better yet, do you love easy quilts that sew up quickly? Then the Free Swiss Cross Quilt… Continue reading: "Modern Swiss Cross Quilt Pattern"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to Win a Whitewash Ragged Homespun Quilt Kit!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Animal Print Cuddle Quilt Kit
- Chance to Win Pro-Stitcher Designer Software!
- Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond: 14 Quilt Patterns from Quiltmaker Magazine
- Watermark Fabric Collection from Studio e
- Win a Simplicity Rotary Cutter and Embosser!
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Chance to Win a June Tailor Quilter's Tote
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- A Message from The Editor of FaveQuilts
- Pocket Tote Bag Pattern
- Strip Surprise Quilt
- Modern Rainbow Quilt
- Flower Wall Hanging
- 6 Pocket Tote Bag
- Whitewash Ragged Homespun Quilt Kit
- End Of The Rainbow Mug Mat
- What Causes Ripples in Bindings?
- Tricked Out Triangles!
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns