We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
In her introduction to Simple Appeal, Kim Diehl writes, "Quilts can mean many different things to many different people." They can occupy as varied a place in a home as they can in a quilter's heart, and each should speak to its own purpose. Whether, like Diehl, the art of quilting is a way to bring the past into the present, or simply (and wonderfully) just a way to express creative energy, every quilt tells its own story. The designs in Simple Appeal allow the quilter to do just that: tell a story.
Diehl has carefully tied together designs which are at once modern and traditional, calling back to familiar patterns like the basket and the hourglass while keeping fresh with new twists and deep, rich colors. Many of these quilts would look just as at home in a country cabin as they would a small-town suburb.
Whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or expert quilter, there are patterns in Simple Appeal for you. Though Diehl doesn't back away from complicated motifs and designs, her instructions are clear, simple, and easy to follow. Little "Pin Point" tip boxes throughout the book address particularly tricky steps in the patterns or simply offer an expert's tips and tricks for making even the most complicated quilts a breeze. Diehl combines a variety of techniques, from traditional patchwork to wool applique on cotton backgrounds, so a quilter working through these patterns will never get bored.
Best of all, each of these quilts is perfect for quilters with a large scrap stash. Make these stunning quilts and do it without breaking the bank. What more can you ask for? Brighten your home and make a lasting memory with the designs in Simple Appeal.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have you ever realized that making quilt block patterns can be one of the most enjoyable and easy ways to use your old scrappy quilt… Continue reading: "Stacks & Stacks of Scraps Quilt Block"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond: 14 Quilt Patterns from Quiltmaker Magazine
- 2014 Laundry Basket Quilts Calendar
- Simple Beginner Quilts from Leisure Arts
- Enter to Win Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting!
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Guidelines4Quilting Ruler Set
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Little House on the Prairie Fabric
- Chance to win Dragonskin Resize-It Templates!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilt-as-you-go Denim Throw Quilt
- Qayg Denim Quilt Blocks (use Up Your Quilt Binding Scraps Too!)
- Americana Star Placemat Quilt Pattern
- Americana Star Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- Charming Quilted Square Tablecloth Pattern
- American Flag Quilt Block Pattern
- Charming Scrappy Pinwheel Pattern
- Diy Finger Thumb Mitts
- Granny Love Quilt Pattern
- Charming Framed Pinwheel Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns