Scrap-Basket Beauties: Quilting with Scraps, Strips, and Jelly Rolls
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Scrap-Basket Beauties: Quilting with Scraps, Strips and Jelly Rolls
Gifted By: Martingale/That Patchwork Place
By Kim Brackett
Reviewed by Mollyhall Seeley, Editor for FaveQuilts
If there's one thing that every quilter can agree on, it's that there's no such thing as too many scrap quilt patterns. In Scrap-Basket Beauties: Quilting with Scraps, Strips and Jelly Rolls Kim Brackett has assembled 18 clever and beautiful scrap patterns to whittle away at your stash. The third in Brackett's "Scrap-Basket" series, this book uses 2 1/2" strips to play with a whole range of designs. Whether you're working with pre-cuts or cutting your own fabric, Brackett gives precise quantities and measurements to be sure that you've got plenty of material. From pinwheels to star quilts to floral motifs, there's a design in this book for quilters of any skill level.
The patterns in Scrap-Basket Beauties run the gamut from simple and elegant to energetic and complex. "Six Degrees South of the Equator" utilizes the always stunning spinning stars design to create a wonderful sense of movement and light. Best of all, "Six Degrees" almost entirely avoids using triangles, so you don't have to deal with tricky cutting. On the other end of the spectrum, the "Sea Glass" quilt pattern mixes blues and green squares for a soothing, soft tones that make any night feel like you're camping out on the beach. Brackett also offers suggestions for variation on many of the quilts, so that the patterns never get old or tired.
Like any good quilt pattern book worth its salt, Scrap-Basket Beauties includes a whole chapter on the techniques and processes involved in making the quilt patterns contained in the book. These tips and explanations are wonderful references to keep handy, even if you're working on a new design. Scrap-Basket Beauties is the type of book that you'll return to again and again and find yourself with a unique quilt every time.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have you ever realized that making quilt block patterns can be one of the most enjoyable and easy ways to use your old scrappy quilt… Continue reading: "Stacks & Stacks of Scraps Quilt Block"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Little House on the Prairie Fabric
- Nature's Beauty in Applique: Pretty and Practical Projects by Susan Taylor Propst
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Welcome Baby Flannel from Windham Fabrics
- Chance to win the Magical Creatures Fabric Collection!
- Follow-the-Line Quilting Designs: Volume 5 by Mary M. Covey
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cardinal Bird Quilt Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- Layers of a Quilt Beginner Guide
- Learn the Difference Between Fabric Scissors and Paper Scissors
- Sweet And Simple Squares Baby Quilt
- The Gemstone Quilt
- Loralie Designs
- W. Cushing & Co.
- Harvest Stars Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns