Quilting Those Flirty 30s
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Quilting Those Flirty 30s
by Cynthia Tomaszewski
Gifted by Martingale
Reviewed by Kathryn Wright, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
The tradition of quilting has been kept alive through the passing on of knowledge and ideas from generation to generation. Many quilters can relate their early experiences with inspiring personal stories, and Cynthia Tomaszewski, author of Quilting Those Flirty 30s is one of them. Learn just as she did about the most popular designs of the 1930's and make them yourself! There's even a bonus for anyone looking to add to their vintage experience even more with delicious homemade dessert recipes that accompany each quilt pattern.
What you'll find so beautiful about this book is apparent from the first pages. Tomaszewski decides to start off the book by telling readers about her great grandparents' family as remembered by her great Aunt Christie. We learn about the lifestyle of a family living through the frugal 1930's, and also see how the tradition of quilting has been passed down to five generations within the family. By doing this, the author reminds us of the joy and beauty that quilting brings, which will easily inspire readers to take a deeper look at what they're making.
After providing readers with a cohesive run through of recommended supplies and helpful instructions on how to work on basic quilt patterns and applique designs, the book provides 11 quilt patterns and recipes that reveal the charming appeal of the 1930's. While the patterns themselves vary from full quilt patterns to small practical projects, the consistency in design in apparent. Each project has a template of beautiful little flowers and shapes that come to life with a series of color schemes chosen to match the 30's style (which Tomaszewski also lays out for readers). To top everything off and thoroughly give readers a nostalgic experience, the recipes included are all for the most delicious and easy-to-make homemade cookies.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to win Fiskars Total Control Non-Stick Scissors!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- Jelly Babies: Adorable Quilts from 2-1/2-inch Strips
- Skip the Borders: Easy Patterns for Modern Quilts by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts
- Ocean View Quilt Pattern from Studio e
- Mochi Mochi Fiber Art Quilt Patterns
- Win an Oliso TG1100 Smart Iron in Orchid-Purple
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Greek Cross Quilt Block
- Cactus Mini Quilt
- Shoofly Quilt Block
- Strawberry Springtime Mini Quilt
- Plus Sign Quilt Block
- Quilted Tea Cozy (in 30 Min)
- Chapstick Holder
- Easter Egg Scrappy Mini Quilt ~ Make It In A Day!
- Pencil Case Pattern
- Cottontail Cutie ~ A Scrappy Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns