Kaleidoscope Centerpiece Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Kaleidoscope Centerpiece Pattern
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
Make a beautiful, artful centerpiece using scraps with the Kaleidoscope Centerpiece Pattern. This pattern will not only blow your mind, but it will certainly grab the attention of all your dinner guests.
When you're a confident sewer, or even if you're not, Plum Easy Patterns makes it easy to create this masterpiece with step-by-step instructions and a printed interfacing template to guide you through the design.
The centerpiece is in a folded star style design that uses prairie points to create an amazing geometric pattern. The interfacing given has grids that indicate where to place each row of fabric, resulting in easy construction. The template itself is 17 inches wide with half lines in between the layers so you can easily position the space between layers as you want it.
When you look at the pattern you'll notice it takes you through everything you need to know before getting started -- it talks about color selection, how to make Prairie Points, how to prepare your fabric, how to use the interfacing fabric and then the instructions themselves on how to make the actual centerpiece; you can even choose from a symmetrical design or a staggered design. Once you've completed the basting process you can then sew it all together, quilt and bind. In order to make this centerpiece you'll need a water soluble glue stick, long open tweezers or a curved tailor's awl, as well as spray starch and sewing supplies.
The Kaleidoscope Centerpiece would look amazing as a table topper, but can also be hung on the wall just by adding two loops on the back and slipping a dowel through. You will simply love this design.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Add a little sunshine to your day with this simply gorgeous Sunshine Texas Star Block Pattern. This free quilt block pattern is the… Continue reading: "Sunshine Texas Star Block Patternvideocam"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Chance to Win a Jubilee Autumn Spice Ragged Quilt Kit!
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- Chance to win a FreeSpirit Fabric Collection!
- Quilting Those Flirty 30s
- Enter to Win Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting!
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Quilt Ruler Kit
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- Two X Three Quilt Block
- Springtime Quilt Pattern
- Star Cross Quilt Block
- X-quisite Quilt Block
- Wild Flowers Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns