Kaleidoscope Centerpiece Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Kaleidoscope Centerpiece Pattern
Reviewed by zzz Christine zzz Weiher, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
Make a beautiful, artful centerpiece using scraps with the Kaleidoscope Centerpiece Pattern. This pattern will not only blow your mind, but it will certainly grab the attention of all your dinner guests.
When you're a confident sewer, or even if you're not, Plum Easy Patterns makes it easy to create this masterpiece with step-by-step instructions and a printed interfacing template to guide you through the design.
The centerpiece is in a folded star style design that uses prairie points to create an amazing geometric pattern. The interfacing given has grids that indicate where to place each row of fabric, resulting in easy construction. The template itself is 17 inches wide with half lines in between the layers so you can easily position the space between layers as you want it.
When you look at the pattern you'll notice it takes you through everything you need to know before getting started -- it talks about color selection, how to make Prairie Points, how to prepare your fabric, how to use the interfacing fabric and then the instructions themselves on how to make the actual centerpiece; you can even choose from a symmetrical design or a staggered design. Once you've completed the basting process you can then sew it all together, quilt and bind. In order to make this centerpiece you'll need a water soluble glue stick, long open tweezers or a curved tailor's awl, as well as spray starch and sewing supplies.
The Kaleidoscope Centerpiece would look amazing as a table topper, but can also be hung on the wall just by adding two loops on the back and slipping a dowel through. You will simply love this design.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you want to make a cute quilted baby blanket for an upcoming shower, then follow this free tutorial to create a Super Fast and Easy… Continue reading: "Super Fast and Easy Baby Blanket"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to win the Orange Blossom Quilt Block Pattern!
- Believe in miracles and WIN a You Hexie Thing Hexagon Ruler!
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to Win a Jubilee Autumn Spice Ragged Quilt Kit!
- Chance to win Brushstrokes by Pepper Cory Fat Quarter Bundle!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Chance to win Blueberry Backroads Sweet Surprise Candle Mat Kit!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Handmade Fabric Christmas Village
- Quilt As You Go Scrappy Christmas Ornament Tutorial
- Fabric Kimekomi Christmas Ornaments
- Merry & Cheer Quilted Christmas Table Runner Pattern
- Winter Trees Quilted Table Runner
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Double Orange Peel Quilt Block (with Denim Background)
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns