Beads on a String Quilt Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Beads on a String Quilt Pattern
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
Orange Dot Quilts was only recently created in 2015, but has already come out with so many amazing patterns. Designer Dora Cary loves the color orange and polka dots, which is where the name came from. Her quilts have a contemporary look and her patterns are fresh and well written. Her quilts have been displayed in many quilt shows and now they adorn her booth at trade shows. Dora also loves to teach. Her quilting classes are fun and informative, covering a multitude of techniques and that's no exception when it comes to her Beads on a String design.
Beads on a String was Dora's first quilt pattern that is perfect for using up scraps of fabric. The pattern can easily be sized up for a bed quilt. While the scrappy beads look rich and complex, the striped string adds a touch of whimsy for that unique look. This pattern can easily be created by making the blocks out of just one piece of fabric, but if you're up for a challenge you can use foundation paper piecing using a variety of scraps that add dimension. You can also use improvisational piecing or string piecing techniques for making the bead blocks.
To get the look of this pattern you'll need 2 yards of a background fabric, 1/3 yard for the string and fabric scraps for the beading part of the design. The finished size will give you a lap quilt of 54 inches by 60 inches, but just by adding a few rows and columns you can turn it into a beautiful bed quilt.
As in all of Orange Dot Quilt patterns, the patterns are printed on quality stock, have fully colored detailed instructions and have a well-designed cover with fabric requirements. Beads on a String is suggested as a medium difficulty level that will give you amazing results.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond: 14 Quilt Patterns from Quiltmaker Magazine
- Clothworks Basics: Laurel Burch Thread and Impressions Moire Fabric
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- Simple Beginner Quilts from Leisure Arts
- Enter to Win Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting!
- Win an Olfa Folding Cutting Mat!
- Chance to win the All Weather Friend Fabric Collection!
- Win a Country Living Carla Precut Pack!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cute as a Button Quilt
- Shiny + Bright Quilt Pattern
- Starburst Christmas Ornament Quilt Block
- Christmas Star Ornament Block Pattern
- Broken Dishes Baby Quilt Pattern
- 18+ Free Decorative Christmas Quilt Patterns
- Morning Frost Quilt Pattern
- Cathedral Windows Christmas Ornament Quilt Block
- Fun Christmas Tree Quilt Blocks For Your Crumbs & Scraps
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns