Nature's Beauty in Applique: Pretty and Practical Projects by Susan Taylor Propst
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Nature's Beauty in Applique: Pretty and Practical Projects
By Susan Taylor Propst
Gifted by Martingale
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Draw your applique inspiration from the natural world with Nature's Beauty in Applique: Pretty and Practical Projects by Susan Taylor Propst. These small, quick projects finish up in no time and bring quilted beauty to your home. Each of the nine projects in the book is taken from a larger wall hanging that Propst made to depict a scene from Loch Ness. A serene swan sits on the lake, surrounded by picturesque mountains, trees, and abundant flowers. Each of these elements is highlighted in a smaller project in the book.
Nature's Beauty in Applique: Pretty and Practical Projects is a quilting book designed for the quilter who wants to make something beautiful and useful without making a huge time commitment. Rather than limiting her designs to just decorative wall hangings and mini quilts, Propst shows how her original floral appliques can be used to make delightful table runners, tote bags, placemats, and more. She also provides options for making the same quilted projects without her applique designs, so that quilters in a hurry can make pretty projects with pre-printed panels or favorite fabrics. Her versatile applique designs can also be easily applied to other projects. So if you love Propst's daffodil applique, you don't have to limit its use to just the tote bag pattern given in the book. You can put it on quilted pillows, table runners, wall hangings, and any other project you dream up!
As the subtitle suggests, Propst's projects are not only pretty, but also practical. For each project, she supplies colored applique templates to make it easy to figure out which fabrics are needed for each piece. She has also designed her applique templates so that quilters can use their favorite applique method, whether it be painstaking needleturn applique or quick and easy fusible applique. The beginning of the book also includes a detailed tutorial on the applique process so that even inexperienced quilters can enjoy the projects in this book. So whatever your quilting skill level, if you like flowers and quilts, you'll adore the projects in Nature's Beauty in Applique!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make your next family picnic or church cookout even more special by following this easy Bandanna Picnic Quilt Tutorial. Forget about… Continue reading: "Bandanna Picnic Quilt Tutorial"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to win the Sugar Berry Fabric Collection!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Sugar Sack Quilts
- Slice Fabrique Cordless Fabric Cutter
- Jelly Babies: Adorable Quilts from 2-1/2-inch Strips
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Chance to Win a Jubilee Autumn Spice Ragged Quilt Kit!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cabin Among The Stars
- Mini Flying Geese Foundation Paper Piecing Pattern
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Quilt Pattern
- Give and Take Free Quilt Pattern
- Pinwheel Party Mini Quilt
- Rag Rose Pincushion
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns